First LGV jobs & Experience (or lack of)

Hello folks,

As i’m sure everyone who has ever looked for work driving a LGV has noticed, most jobs ask for at least some experience. I’m just curious how other people went about getting their first LGV work?

Personally i’ve signed up to all agencies in my local area (Cheshire, South Manchester) and have even written to a few of the local haulage companies asking about work trails. I’ve held my Cat C since oct last year and have done the initial Driver CPC (Case Study and ‘Walk, Talk & Show’ Demonstration). Most agencies have said they would look to get me on the 7.5’s first as i have no driving experience.

Would it be worth getting my C + E, as this was always my intention and i’ve finally saved up more than enough to get it done ( including a retest just in case :smiley: ). Would this improve my chances with all classes of work?

Cheers Guys :slight_smile:

if you can i would go for your C+E but you may not get any of that work as yet

if you have no experience it may be better doin the 7.5 or under work that they offer you

Speaking from experience, i couldn’t get any work at all with my Class 2 license, then 6 months later did my class 1 and pretty much walked straight into my current job. So i’d say it was wrth getting, it gives you more options