First job

Firstly hi, not posted on here much but been reading a lot to get as much knowledge and advice as possible. After serving 7 years in the army I start my new job driving artics for a firm in hull. Will be staying out a few nights a week and the pay ain’t bad either 95 a shift and 25 for staying out. Hoping it all goes well. If anybody has any advice on essentials for staying out or just in general will be most welcome.
Thanks

Get a gas cooker from the camping shop to save money on meals, a good water container with a tap in it, to wash up the dishes and shave in the morning.
I wear foam ear plugs while driving with the windows down to prevent going deaf.
Many drivers pack baby wipes in case you can get a shower.
Some good food at Lidl and Aldi, cans of soup, meat and so on.

Jump start leads in case the truck batteries go flat, some break down warning triangles, not required by law in the Uk, but handy when you break down on a blind corner or on top of a hill/summit.
Personal medicines for upset stomach, head ache pills, Boots sell a holiday travel pack with what you need in it.
A basic tool kit, to carry out basic repairs.
A boiler suit, to keep your clothes clean if doing dirty work.
Spare clothes if you get soaked in the rain while tipping.
A good book for nights out.
Hand gel for germs, a lot of drivers have one in the cab.
If in the same truck, buy a safe to fit under the bunk to store truck documents/passport/licence/wallet/bank cards/cash/fuel cards, you will not want to take valuables to the shower, or when on a ferry or train.
A decent truck sat nav like Snooper S7000, it has multi channel tv, multi drop planning, incident avoidance on the route,adr routing.

Thanks for the info lads. Iv got a pronav off eBay reconditioned factory return for £80 so hopefully this will get me going. What’s the best way of charging your phone when there is only a 24v socket?

Youngy:
Thanks for the info lads. Iv got a pronav off eBay reconditioned factory return for £80 so hopefully this will get me going. What’s the best way of charging your phone when there is only a 24v socket?

Use a standard charger that takes input voltage up to 24v. (Most do)

If its a mini socket then buy the adapter.

And socket doublers are fine if you are only charging low powered stuff