First job

Hi guys just got my first job which I am chuffed about. It’s class 2 driving only trouble is I’ve never driven a class 2 as I went straight from car to class 1 . My question is how are they to drive compared to class 1 . Can any give me any pointers? Like do I take everything really wide as you do in an artic
Thanks

Tailswing.
Probably the exact opposite of an artic. i.e. your not worried about cutting in but you should be about wiping out anything to the outside. Well maybe you should worry about both.

On the other hand, If you’re lucky you might get a reversing camera.

Obvs they don’t bend in the middle and reversing is a like reversing a huge van. As stated before watch out for tail swing and take corners wide watch where your rear wheel are.
Just be patient you will be fine.

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

Mattdriver1:
Hi guys just got my first job which I am chuffed about. It’s class 2 driving only trouble is I’ve never driven a class 2 as I went straight from car to class 1 . My question is how are they to drive compared to class 1 . Can any give me any pointers? Like do I take everything really wide as you do in an artic
Thanks

Take your time would be my advice. Rigids handle completely differently to artics, reversing in particular (obviously).

Mattdriver1:
Thanks

The traction unit on an artic is a Class 2. The traction unit only becomes a Class 1 when the trailer is hooked up.

Class 2 is easy, because unlike an artic you can always see the rear corners of the vehicle in the mirrors.