First job tomorrow

Evening lads…

Well since passing my test about a month ago I tried looking for work with all my local firms with no success.

Had one place, Coopers in winsford get back to me and said there looking to hire more staff in May and would be happy for me to come for an interview, a mate of mine got work with them when he passed so hopefully I will to.

Anyway, it wasn’t looking to good finding a permenant position so I signed up to a couple of agencies. Went to enterprise in Warrington today at 1pm, got signed up and by 3.30pm they called offering me work for tomorrow and Thursday with floats glass in whythenshawe.

I’m happy but nervous at the same time but hopfully all will go well. The guys at the agency were decent and explained a lot to me about the working times, driving hours etc as I’m a new driver and they were really happy to help.

Just thought I’d share my story so far and I’ll update it tomorrow evening and let you no what my first day as a Hgv driver goes like.

Best of luck! :smiley:

Try to relax, don’t rush and enjoy it…

Chat to the regular drivers in the yard, they will help out with tips and advice or the best routes, for example one delivery place may shut at 13.00.
Take it steady, don’t rush or panic, if overwhelmed, pull over, have a brew to clear the mind.

All the best things come from Warrington.

eagerbeaver:
All the best things come from Warrington.

Except the black and whites :unamused:

Lol. How are you mate? I was in Grimsby yesterday, thought about nipping up to see you for a brew.

Bottled it though, heard Ronnie is looking for me.

Something about my comments on that stunning chick riding shotgun with him in the Picasso.

eagerbeaver:
Lol. How are you mate? I was in Grimsby yesterday, thought about nipping up to see you for a brew.

Bottled it though, heard Ronnie is looking for me.

Something about my comments on that stunning chick riding shotgun with him in the Picasso.

I’m well, hope your doing okay mate… He’s keeping a low profile atm was working on the doors at Bransholme shopping centre for a spell I heard

All went well! Enjoyed it, didn’t have any issues. Cracked on, got the job done and went home.

Had a couple of drops…
Manchester to hull, hull to dewsbury then dewsbury to Bradford where I had a delivery and collection then back to the depot and home time.

Truck was a 2009 daf cf with 6 speed manual box, seemed decent enough, abit hammered but I’d happily drive it again.

Rickyr65sl:
All went well! Enjoyed it, didn’t have any issues. Cracked on, got the job done and went home.

Had a couple of drops…
Manchester to hull, hull to dewsbury then dewsbury to Bradford where I had a delivery and collection then back to the depot and home time.

Truck was a 2009 daf cf with 6 speed manual box, seemed decent enough, abit hammered but I’d happily drive it again.

:smiley: Glad to hear you had a good shift. When things go well this really is the best job in the world.