First job tommorrow

Well the agency has come up trumps and given me two days work in a class 2 hope I do okay as only I can mess it up for myself :smiley:

You will be fine :wink:

Well done. What agency is it with and where is the job.?
I’ve worked for a few agencies in Hull area so may have done the same job in the past

Great news, you’ll be fine, just get your kit ready prepared :wink:

Best of luck and dont panic :grimacing:

You should be driving now as I write this so hope its all going well and take your time better a bit longer than a bumped lorry :wink: good luck
all the best

Jennie x

Great news Ed
just take your time mate you will be fine :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: and when you are fine you will get a lot more work belive me since i have taken the job on nights tipper driving the agents have not stopped ringing me even the one’s who i never heard from before tipical eh … :unamused: … but I have told them to keep me on their books for now and i will let them know what is happening next week … :laughing:

Quick update it was multidrop work in a six wheel curtain sider when I got loaded up this morning and saw the run I thought that’s all over the place but not a bad day work little did I know that was only half days work ten different drops this morning then ten more later now I don’t mind the road experience I’m getting but couldn’t do that every day roll on class 1 :open_mouth:

How did it go?

Today was even worse 19 loads at 14 different drops then reload with 9 for 8 different drops most of it was taillift work with a taillift that when folded out wasn’t level and had to put load on so far then pull truck out so far then lift again and push a bit further on pull out pumptruck put along side lower tail pull load so far off lower truck pull out a bit lift load and drag off then reset on pumptruck what a absolute hassle then to top it off 4 of them was private houses on little estates down little cul de sacs and managed to knock over a gate post trying to turn around my fault should never had tried to turn around in that small a area and was too busy watching front end in mirror that looks down that I took my eye off rear view mirrors :blush: :blush: :blush:
Was told that I was going back there Monday and Tuesday I said no way they treat you like a slave and for £6.50 per hour I ain’t doing it even had phone slammed down on me yesterday and told whatever after saying was having 30 min break after working 6 hours now I don’t need that ■■■

Bloody Hell mate!! What a day!

Dont blame you for throwing in the towel. Bit of a joke that one. Trouble is as newbies the agency’s do try it on with wages ect. You need to tell them.

I started off on pretty much the same on class 2, but now i get at least £8.50.

Also been getting around £9-10 on class 1, but thats down to being a newbie.

Some thing else will pop up soon. Try other agencies.

To be fair the agency have been great I know the guy who sorts the work out he knows people I know and he’s a alright guy it’s the company I got sent to that I had the probs with and who slammed phone down on me they even took me to a side yesterday and told me I dont need a break as i can put on break when unloading and if get a long one that one will do when I said I need one after 6 hours as part of work time directive said no just use the time used unloading.

The truck was filthy it smelt and when doing checks first day it was absolutely bone dry of oil that should never happen when mentioned it was told oil in the corner over there wasn’t even bothered that someone had let it get in that state. :unamused:

wow thats enough to put a newbie off lol

atomic7431:

Made me realise how quickly I need to pass my C+E as not going to get run like a dog with so many different drops is one day.

Kirk Ella 71:

atomic7431:

Made me realise how quickly I need to pass my C+E as not going to get run like a dog with so many different drops is one day.

you sure about thatâ– â– ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

in ana artic you can have 26 drops and the 19 pick ups! not much fun when just starting out but grin and bear it and the work will come in eventually, you might even get some cream jobs if you stick with it!

Lee G:

Kirk Ella 71:

atomic7431:

you sure about thatâ– â– ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

in ana artic you can have 26 drops and the 19 pick ups! not much fun when just starting out but grin and bear it and the work will come in eventually, you might even get some cream jobs if you stick with it!

so after comeing off the rigid you are now a top hand at the job. :imp: