First job next week- day driver kit list

Got my first shifts coming up soon,doing food multidrop (any tips also appreciated) I’m buzzing to start, I know this area of work often gets negative reviews etc but I’m well aware of what I have signed up for eg hard graft / manual labour and long hours but excited for this new chapter of my life and the steep learning curve to come. So started gathering some kit etc, no nights out but early starts, I’m new to it all so not sure if I’m looking at getting loads of stuff I don’t need/missing essentials. I have searched on forum for kit list but posts are from years ago so just thought I’d start my own. Driving rigid scanias - all day cabs Anything I need / don’t need:

• Bag
  • Card holder - license / tacho card / cpc
  • Torch
    -Sat nav ?Garmin diesel
    -Dash cam
    -Work gloves (supplied)
  • Hi viz (supplied)
    -Water bottle
    -Lunch box / cool pack
  • Diary - for driving hours / manual print outs daily
  • Clipboard
    -Pens
  • Stapler
    -Wipes
    -Adapter wires/ charger
  • Sunglasses
    -Truckers Atlas
    -new pass trucker book (forgot the title)
    -hat /gloves
    -Bluetooth ear piece

Thanks in advance for any advice / help! It’s all appreciated

You mentioned the important one = wet wipes :laughing:

I think you will work it out yourself.

The essentials are your three cards, your method of navigation and the relevant PPE. I always have a hi-vis in the car incase I forget it.

Probably steel toe-capped boots for most places.

Oh, and spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch.

One major thing missing on that list :wink:
How about your
Digi and CPC card

You missed Sudocream / vaseline.

What about Suncream ?

Paracetamols, selection of spare bulbs, screw drivers, cable ties, scissors, sunglasses, spoon, knife, fork, sachets of sugar, salt and pepper are things I carry and I’m just a day driver.

A trailer to attach to your car to haul the stuff you need for the epic trip to Kazakhstan and reload the Chinese border.

A swiss army knife or leatherman tool could be a handy thing, as there is bound to be something loose or in need of some tweakery.

If you are going to be driving a pool of vehicles, there is no point going silly with stuff and taking box loads as it will ne a pain in the arse moving it every day. If you are allocated a regular vehicle then you can leave some of it behind and can carry extra bits.

I’m a day driver in plant hire but have a truck that only I drive, I carry a remarkable amount of kit with me that is not supplied by the company nor technically required to do the job if everything is going to plan. However being plant hire, things never go to plan, things get broken or lost and generally most days I am delving into a locker to retrieve an item or tool to save the day. Be it a set of keys to move some other piece of plant out of the way or a handsaw to do some tree pruning down a narrow access road.

If I was cab hopping there is no way on earth I’d be moving everything on a daily basis.

Add to above a couple of things maybe worth an idea.

Small can of WD40 - for if it doesn’t move and it should
Gaffa tape / cable ties - for when it moves and it shouldn’t

binoculars so you can see where your Delivering:)

Don’t forget the most important Bog Roll.

My advice is don’t rely 100% on satnav.I have seen roads in Leicester all cars double parked,sharp bends,but no restriction on hgvs.Yoy would get stuck if you brought an artic through them. BUT the truck satnav.would send you down these roads.I like to look at Google maps,have an idea in your head where you are going,and,ok,have the satnav. as an aid only.
Look after your license ,don’t break any laws for anyone,look after number one,you know how hard it was to get your license.Jobs are ten a penny now.