First job hgv class 1 tomorrow

Got my first class 1 job tomorrow bit nervous on the fridges any advice please as asked all the advice I can get

Get the paperwork and temps right, and dont go silly on roundabouts dependant on the load !

Don’t be afraid to ask one of the other drivers if you need help. They will put you right every time.

What he said above…particularly if you have to drop or pick up a trailer. Fridge trailers are ‘different’.

Nothing to it, just make sure the red diesel is topped up don’t want to run out on first day. Set frozen at -25 and chill +2. I normally turn fridge off when door open and restart once closed. You can set it to start/stop mode as a fuel saver, all these things will come in time.

Reversing is my only weak spot I guess but intrigued to know the difference in coupling up a fridge trailer

jerrythehorse:
Reversing is my only weak spot I guess but intrigued to know the difference in coupling up a fridge trailer

Don’t think there is any difference

Like others have said, take it easy on the bends and don’t chuck the motor about as the load will shift

Split coupling!

Good luck on the fridges jerry,check temp.matches notes every single time and the obvious one is treble check you have the correct trailer,I still do a bit now and again and every tip I go to I ask if they want the fridge off or on,some will reject the load if you have switched it off,carry a brush with you if you have to handball, it pays to have a clean floor,as others have said,keep the red topped off,don’t worry about your reversing,get out as many times as you like and as many shunts as you like,don’t be put off by the drivers who stand around shaking there heads like there god almighty,there’s plenty of easy reversing and even more with difficult reversing,it will all come together.one last thing,try and be courteous when parking up at night with a load,not always easy and most drivers understand. Good luck.

alliance:
Good luck on the fridges jerry,check temp.matches notes every single time and the obvious one is treble check you have the correct trailer,I still do a bit now and again and every tip I go to I ask if they want the fridge off or on,some will reject the load if you have switched it off,carry a brush with you if you have to handball, it pays to have a clean floor,as others have said,keep the red topped off,don’t worry about your reversing,get out as many times as you like and as many shunts as you like,don’t be put off by the drivers who stand around shaking there heads like there god almighty,there’s plenty of easy reversing and even more with difficult reversing,it will all come together.one last thing,try and be courteous when parking up at night with a load,not always easy and most drivers understand. Good luck.

And so say all of us.

So how did it go ?

Wrong fridge ? Or to warm …or All OK and now feeling like an old hand ?