First day with a double decker

deleted

Another thing, if I go on www.lowbridges.com I assume I can put the low bridges on my Tom Tom Go 500, is that right? Do I just but it and plug my Tom Tom into a computer and download them automatically? I am a bit thick with technology, sorry!

It was 16’ 2" (which goes under the 15’ 9" bridge on the North Circular A406 ),

I would be very put off going under that bridge.

Neil

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: why did you even try to go under

never take someones word for it not with something of that height, thought they had certain routes to follow anyway double deck trailers?

Neil

deleted :smiley:

christ! living up to your name dave!!

dangerousdave:
I thought trunk roads would all have bridges at least 16’ 6" high, but I guess not.

You need one of these.

Paul

Are Corby Chilled deckers 16’ 2" ?
I wouldn’t have thought so, it may say that on the height plate in the cab but to be honest I’d be a little surprised if they were.
You really need to check what height these vehicles are especialy when dealing with double deckers otherwise I’m afraid you’re heading for a fall.

If you’re going to drive high vehicles don’t rely on a sat nav for bridge heights you also need a road atlas with bridge heights as repton has said and work out the route beforehand, It’s the only way to stay safe ( and leave the bridges up :laughing: )

tachograph:

i thought they where159" :confused: though i aint had 1 of the new donbur 1`s yet

wait till DD gets 1 in high winds or 1 thats been loaded slightly top heavy
his ■■■■ will develope suction cup abilities, that will grab large quantities of seat clothe :laughing:

deleted :open_mouth:

dangerousdave:
Thanks guys. The height plate in the cab says 16’ 2" (unless they set it to say it is higher than it is, for safety).
I think they only have 2 double deckers and I end up with one on my first day!
Maybe the double deckers are only 15’ 9" but I don’t know.

for the sake of making you look stupid, why not get a tape measure and measure the hight, and set the cab marker accordingly :unamused: :unamused:
afterall it is part of your daily checks, and an offence to have the hight maker set incorrectly, YOU are the one responsible, should you hit a bridge, so don`t blame anyone else if you take it a said that the hight marker in the cab is correct :unamused:

Also,be careful,you might have one of these shrinking bridges in your area.

Click on the headline"Lorry comes up with new angle on bridge" .

peirre:

tachograph:

i thought they where159" :confused: though i aint had 1 of the new donbur 1`s yet

wait till DD gets 1 in high winds or 1 thats been loaded slightly top heavy
his ■■■■ will develope suction cup abilities, that will grab large quantities of seat clothe :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dangerousdave sorry to go on about it but you shouldn’t really rely on the routes you’re given and being told the vehicle will go under the bridges on that route, what happens if you’re diverted off the route and you don’t have a clue of the vehicle height, again sorry to repeat what’s already been said but you really should take note of peirre’s last post and check the vehicle height, the trailer height will usually be marked on the trailer (usually on the front) , the fifth wheel height is usually 1250 cm but it only takes a few minutes to check with a tape measure, If you know the height of the vehicle and the height of the bridges you’ll not only be safer but you’ll end the journey less stressed :wink:

Good luck.

never take the hight written on the trailer headboard as correct, it is a guide at best, ive known em be a few inches either way, as all the tractors pulling em, can be different hights at the 5th wheel. Check the hight of, every trailer you pull, every time you do a trailer swop!! DD if you measure em on the corner of the headboard to the floor, allow an inch or 2 extra, as theres usually a rain deflector protruding on the roof of tauts/boxes etc. i may be wrong doing so, but when I measure a trailer, ill add a couple of inches, and that is what goes on the cab hight indicator, better to be safe than sorry.
Id hate to think DD coming on here and posting a thread stating "forgive me Trucknet ......... for I have sinned, I have hit a bridge ...... one i was told i CAN get under, but i didnt check"

now I may be no angel when it comes to bridges :unamused:
As we`ve all had close ones,

now wasn`t there a thread about carrying a tape and a torch as part of you kit? :confused:

dangerousdave:
It was 16’ 2" (which goes under the 15’ 9" bridge on the North Circular A406 :open_mouth: ),

With that sort of luck, would you care to suggest some Lottery numbers. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

The blue one is marked on the headboard as 16’2" but I don’t think it is quite that high.

i hope that it wasnt in a volvo , as the tracker flags it up when it goes under that bridge nr park royal !!!

Dave which Corby Chilled depot?. Which run did you have?

deleted :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i`d have like to have read the post before DD deleted it .