First day over with on remote hiab

just had first day out on my tod with a remote hiab,didnt go too bad made about 10 drops chopped a tree in half nearly caught side of wagon on a gate post but that will match the other marks on it almost caused grid lock on a main road because i couldnt fit through the driveway and arse of wagon stuck out on the road :smiley: il point out this was my first time out on my own with a wagon as well but that sounds worse than it was a nice learning curve shall we say :open_mouth: anyone else use a hiab?

Been their done that, still doing it at the moment.
Remotes are easier to use, but I,m old skool I still bash the sticks. Some drops are easy, some aint, just take ya time.

Hi mate.

Yes, i also use a HIAB. Not been doing it too long (just over 2 months) and really enjoy it. Much prefer it to multidropping pallets etc.

Main thing is TAKE YOUR TIME , dont let anybody rush you…because if it all goes pear-shaped, they’ll stroll off leaving you to pick up the pieces…litterally.
Always put a pad down under your out riggers. Its very easy to sink into pavement tarmac if its newly layed and a warm day…i did it on friday :blush:
NEVER COMPROMISE ON SAFTEY if your unsure or something looks a bit iffy…say so and put the item(s) somewhere you feel is safe.
If you have rear-steer,your turning can be left later than usual, but be mindfull that the rear end will kick out.
we all have nocks and nudges etc, its how you learn. But just chill out and enjoy yourself. The weather has been scorching latley, so its good to be paid to be out in the sun, driving/craining off and having a brew , beats sitting at a desk :smiley:
All the best
Ben

Oh YEAAAA lol
Been there done it and am about to start all over again tomorrow :smiley: I upgraded onto Hiab Remote a few weeks ago had sticks for about 10 months now but as most of the jobs are Remote now i thought i better get up to date … Although i have used remote before its been a while lol i will have to think about what im doing all over again In the Morning as i am at a builders yard in preston for minimum of two weeks …
also had some of that with the narrow gates mate in the past one Bloke wanted it all putting Just so :angry: as he didnt want to carry the bricks 5 yrd to his job :laughing: he could not understand that the truck was a lot longer and wider than his pick up van uhhh plus low telephone wires in the drive :angry: in the end i said tell you what i will put the packs of Bricks on the pickup and then you can drive them in on that … :smiley: …
Like i will mate Just take your time and dont put your self or anyone else in any danger and if in doubt do nowt :wink: the main thing i will have to remember is to push the side button till it bleeps lol to get the Legs out and down first :laughing: