First day on my own tomorrow

Hi everyone,

Passed my test in January with many thanks to all here for all tips :smiley: , have only done a couple of saturday mornings on a tipper with my father in law since passing test.

Big day tomorrow though, 4.30 start in Edinburgh doing multi drops in a ? :open_mouth: , bit of a scary prospect, but I might not manage to deliver any if I canโ€™t work out the tail lift :blush: .

Thanks again for all your tips and wish me luck for tomorrow.

Take care if you are on the roads in Edinburgh tomorrow! off to bed now :smiley:

Have fun, relax and plan well ahead. If not sure - stop and ask.

I remeber my first day well, they even put the steering wheeel on the wrong side for me , dam Italian trucks :slight_smile:

Take it slow , get out were needed and have a look if unsure and get into learning mode ,we have all been there and most of us still do learn every day .

Good luck btw :smiley:

how did your day go?

was you ok?

thanks rog, GerryT and giblsa,

yes seemed to go well, my multi dropping in edinburgh turned out to be multi dropping in ayrshire in a scania truck, only mishaps were a burst bag of flour and a dropped carton of cream plus had a block of butter without a home at the end!

things I learned: sort your badly loaded pallets out at the quiet country hotel rather than in the busy main street :blush: ; lots of tight squeezes and reverses; not to rely on sat nat unless you want to back up where it tries to take you down a farm track to save you a five minute run on an A road; how to work the fridges and freezers and not forgetting the tail lift and pallet truck and how to stash your barrow.

all in all had quite a good day, I think? The motor is still in one piece, I suppose thatโ€™s the main thing.

thanks again everybody.

glad you enjoyed it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: