First day on class 2 at last!

I’ve sure enjoyed reading this thread. A very supportive bunch.

I’ve seen some very skilled drivers in the UK and I know they all started without any experience.

I have to remember that one: I just got my licence two weeks ago. Would you mind moving your car? Should get some bumber stickers made with that one. :smiley:

Glad you got back behind the wheel after your minor setback, Slackeye. It just goes to show that there are loads of different types of jobs out there and if you don’t like one you can move on to another. No need to suffer with ignorant folks.

Nicholas–whereabouts are you in Korea? I used to live in Kyonggi province.

Don’t know whether this might help you, but it helped me.

when i passed the agency i worked for supplied to the council and about 90% of my work since passing my class 2 has been driving bin wagons.

ok theres a bit of stigma but its not all that bad, the trucks tend to be automatics so you can relax and just get used to physically driving, you’ll have a couple of loaders so when the going does get tough, they are there to help you out. plus driving down ‘little india’ areas of towns / cities gives you some real balls, where you’ve got only a couple of inches either side of you, not just between cars but between houses as well.

if you do destroy anything [which i haven’t done] the council are well insured and don’t tend to care all that much.

Glad you got back behind the wheel after your minor setback, Slackeye. It just goes to show that there are loads of different types of jobs out there and if you don’t like one you can move on to another. No need to suffer with ignorant folks.

Nicholas–whereabouts are you in Korea? I used to live in Kyonggi province.

I live in Deagu but my office is in Kyung-san. I’ve been here 10 years now. Married a Korean women and my daughter just turned one.

I don’t know how I managed to stay here for so long. I came out this way in 1996 to teach for a year or so, and then head to China to learn Chinese.

I’ve had a business here for a few years. I print pens for promotion. My customers are mostly in Korea and Canada but I’m hoping to drum up some business in the UK. If it doesn’t start to get much better (my business) I plan to return to Canada or the UK, and thought that a driving job would do me fine. I drove a truck in Canada for a little while but most of that work was in the oil fields. Enjoyed the work but not the rednecks.

My mother lives on the I.O.W. during the winters and then spends her summers in Canada. She’s now almost 80 and i feel I should spend more time with her during her final years.

I read this forum every week to learn more about the industry in the UK. I’m sure I could learn the ropes if I decide to take up a driving job. I would even consider buying my own truck if I found the right gig.

Good to hear from another who has spent some time in Korea.

hi been working for agency again today doing general haulage not bad day put into practice what i learnt for joda few weeks back no bumps a lot easier then the co op mind i knew it would be ,wagon didnt have a tail lift! :smiley: looks like i will be sorted for work this xmas fella from agency keeps texting saying thers plenty :slight_smile: merry xmas

Glad its working out for you,mate. I’ve signed on with my old agency,just had my first week driving Class 2 for Royal Mail.Hopefully may get some Class 1 work out of them.Am tempted to try out the dustcarts,£9 p.h dont sound too bad for Class 2.

i happy doing my factory job as long has i can do some trucking :slight_smile: part time i plan early next year when i saved up to do my class 1 and do trucking full time just using the agys for experiance at the mo :slight_smile: