First day on agency tomorrow

As above im still employed with my own job but thought best get some experience.
Have a day on tomorrow and am nervous but looking forward to it aswell.
Ive been told to get to the place at 6am but I hope to get there a little earlier as I dont know how to use tacho-Ive been watching youtube videos.
I hope the people there will not tell me to clear off when I ask questions.

The thing im nervous about is meeting new people in a work enviroment.
I have been employed by the same company for over 10 years.

Wish me luck
Thomas

Good luck, hope it goes well. My advice-if you’re not sure about something then just ask. I’ve found most drivers in particular to be very friendly and happy to answer even the most basic of questions…

montytom:
As above im still employed with my own job but thought best get some experience.
Have a day on tomorrow and am nervous but looking forward to it aswell.
Ive been told to get to the place at 6am but I hope to get there a little earlier as I dont know how to use tacho-Ive been watching youtube videos.
I hope the people there will not tell me to clear off when I ask questions.

The thing im nervous about is meeting new people in a work enviroment.
I have been employed by the same company for over 10 years.

Wish me luck
Thomas

Everyone had a first day once! As above, I’ve found most drivers are friendly and more than happy to help out and answer questions.
Good luck and let us know how you got on.
Cavey.

As above ask, although you may find that a bit tricky first thing in the morning, as some drivers will be eager to get on, be pushed for time because of a schedule, or miserable because they feel like death warmed up! - So try to look out for the ones that are having a bit of a laugh and a chat with other drivers! They are probably the ones with people skills! :wink:

Best of luck pal! :smiley:

Good luck! Do not forget to uphold ancient agency tradition.

Arrive late, damage the truck, and get lost. Upon return, leave all your uneaten food and rubbish in the cab, and ensure the next driver has no diesel left.

eagerbeaver:

Arrive late, damage the truck, and get lost. Upon return, leave all your uneaten food and rubbish in the cab, and ensure the next driver has no diesel left.

A permanent driver did that to me! :smiling_imp:
I chased him, but because of my limp, he got away! :smiley:

eagerbeaver:

Thats brilliant :grimacing: haha

eagerbeaver:

ha ha ha . that true in most of cases.

Thankyou everyone even eagerbeaver :laughing:

I completed the day and I must say I really enjoyed myself. I was driving an 18 tonne DAF rather than a 3.5 tonne Tesco van.
I was very happy to get some experience.

I was told I was a very competent driver and the bloke said he never had to reach for the handle once so thats a compliment in my eyes.

I dont think I fit into eagerbeavers typical agency man arcitype as I still have a job and the agency is an experience thing rather than a way to live.

It also made me realise all the money and effort I have spent to get the class C licence has been worth it.
Just need to save up and then get onto class C+E.

Thanks to everybody who has helped me with my questions in other threads and thanks for reading

Well done Monty. I had to limp for a few weeks after passing my class 2 as well. That’s how the majority of us get started.

I did not fit the stereotype either. I didn’t break anything, or wipe the contents of my nose on the side of the drivers seat.

Pretty soon after I was employed by the firm, and have now progressed on to be one of the finest class 1 drivers, that planet Earth has ever experienced.

Oh crap…gotta go, left my handbrake off…somebody stop that truck…

eagerbeaver:
Well done Monty. I had to limp for a few weeks after passing my class 2 as well. That’s how the majority of us get started.

I did not fit the stereotype either. I didn’t break anything, or wipe the contents of my nose on the side of the drivers seat.

Pretty soon after I was employed by the firm, and have now progressed on to be one of the finest class 1 drivers, that planet Earth has ever experienced.

Oh crap…gotta go, left my handbrake off…somebody stop that truck…

Thanks i have not got the obligatory limp just yet.
That made me laugh.
I’m hoping to get my class c+E then hopefully an artic job

Well done pal, glad you enjoyed it! :smiley:
You won’t enjoy getting back in a toy again! :laughing:

Very amusing Beaver! :wink:

Evil8Beezle:
Well done pal, glad you enjoyed it! :smiley:
You won’t enjoy getting back in a toy again! :laughing:

Very amusing Beaver! :wink:

I find myself driving my toy car and looking in side mirrors constantly! Couple weeks ago after shift I was driving motorway at 58 forgetting I could drive at 70!

Lol. Its amazing how, since passing my class 1, the MPG on my car has significantly improved too.

I seem to enjoy doing 60 on the motorway. I am even thinking of getting a fish symbol for it, and a pair of perforated leather driving gloves.

Obviously in a nice tan colour.

My best job was on agency. Given the truck, a run and told to bring it back when you’re done.

eagerbeaver:
Lol. Its amazing how, since passing my class 1, the MPG on my car has significantly improved too.

I seem to enjoy doing 60 on the motorway. I am even thinking of getting a fish symbol for it, and a pair of perforated leather driving gloves.

Obviously in a nice tan colour.

I know! I noticed same but I enjoy going along at 60mph!

montytom:
I hope to get there a little earlier as I dont know how to use tacho-Ive been watching youtube videos.

Glad it went well, montytom. How did you find the tacho? Any probs?