First day of category C training

So today my first day started training, I clipped the kerb with my back wheel twice ! And went through a 7.5 restriction! I feel so peed off with myself. I started off driving it like I was driving a car it has a fully auto gearbox and if u don’t keep the revs up before flicking off the handbrake it rolls back. But all in all a decent day to say I have never driven one before. I was coming to a round about and the training bloke was like go then some car cut in front and I had to slam the anchors on jerking the other trainer and trainee forward :open_mouth: I feel so deflated lol I took the wrong exit on a roundabout too and the trainer didn’t look best pleased ! let’s hope tomorrow is better

First day, never driven one. Don’t beat yourself up mate. You’ll get better each day :slight_smile:

Typical first day :smiley:

Good nights kip and you will be surprised how much better the next session will go

I hope so it’s shared training so got 2 sets of eyes on me maybe I just got a little jittery :open_mouth:

Day 2 training,

I was a lot more confident with the truck no kerbs no hesitation and I didn’t go thru any 7.5 restrictions I slowed down well before island junctions etc. Then it was onto the reverse ! Cracked it first time and that was probably the thing I was most worried about absolutely enjoyed today 110% constantly checking where my nearside rear wheel is :smiley: I’m a happy chappy

Shaun1987:
Day 2 training,

I was a lot more confident with the truck no kerbs no hesitation and I didn’t go thru any 7.5 restrictions I slowed down well before island junctions etc. Then it was onto the reverse ! Cracked it first time and that was probably the thing I was most worried about absolutely enjoyed today 110% constantly checking where my nearside rear wheel is :smiley: I’m a happy chappy

Good but expect a dip later on in training then for it all to come together after a good nights sleep

Day 3

So test is Monday at 8.45am :open_mouth: the joys!

So I’m either doing good or crap, which one I don’t know lol

You’ll have ups and downs but don’t punish yourself for the daft mistakes. Even the best make zb ups. Monday and Tuesday I drove smoother than I have in 20 years of car driving, then yesterday I drove like a total fanny. Today I just relaxed and enjoyed the drive and passed with 2 minors. You will do it. Just take it easy, plan ahead and have fun. Expect all other road users to act like numpties. Good luck.