First day back on Bulker - Sheeting advice please

So I’ve been told i’m on the bulker trailer for this week only but I have only had three days in total using the bulker since I started six months ago. And the three times I’ve used it I haven’t had to sheet the load so am just a bit confused on the straps.

When I got down to the yard to have a look at the trailer, the sheet has already been rolled up but the middle strap is tied across the top. Is this correct? And before loading do I need to throw it over the other side?

Yes middle strap is correct ive never throw it over the otherside.When loaded use the middle strap to pull it over and use it to tie it down.When you have done that there should be a strap at the rear and front on a small rachet use them to hold the front and rear down tight hope that helps.

Dunno if this helps but here goes from my experience on using several bulkers and covers

To open, there should be a rope on the middle strap, if so, unwind rope from side of body, release middle strap and then throw rope over top to other side of trailer. Normally a wheel nut or something on end of rope to make it easy. Undo front and rear ratchets. Walk to other side, pull rope so that its taught and hang it somewhere on the chassis/trailer so if you have to move it doesnt get caught in wheels etc. Then climb up front steps, and use winding handle to roll cover accross with the rope in it. Job done

TO close, throw excess rope that you hung up earlier over top of trailer to other side, walk round to other side and pull on rope (this step can be akward depending on whats loaded and how high above the body it is). As you do the sheet should unroll accross the top and drop down the side. You should then be able to ratchet the straps back up and stow the rope