First Day as class 2 driver :)

Well, i got my first day on class 2 today, multidrop round leeds!

Thrown in at the deep end too… my truck seemed to gain an extra pair of wheels! :laughing:

still, it was good fun, the customer was happy… the agency was happy… i was happy!

so a good day, and even better to be finally off the mark! :slight_smile:

B…

Fantastic mate. Good to see you off the blocks.

No damage done. Happy people all round.

Hopefully not too long before you get back on the saddle

dar1976:
Fantastic mate. Good to see you off the blocks.

No damage done. Happy people all round.

Hopefully not too long before you get back on the saddle

Tommorow mate! i wqs supposed to be back at longs, but they have moved me too a different company now! another day, class 2 round leeds! :smiley:

B…

The good thing about being on agency is you get experience of lots of different trucks with various gearboxes and various body types.

Take it easy. Get It back in one piece and you may find yourself there regularly.

Good stuff. :slight_smile:

dar1976:
The good thing about being on agency is you get experience of lots of different trucks with various gearboxes and various body types.

Take it easy. Get It back in one piece and you may find yourself there regularly.

Yes if the agencies take you on in the first place. They won’t touch me at the moment. Longs of Leeds have my CV, I am trying the private contractors now. Anyway it is always nice to hear that a driver gets his chance so well done Bungle666 looks like you are off the mark now :slight_smile:

alder:

dar1976:

Yes if the agencies take you on in the first place. They won’t touch me at the moment. Longs of Leeds have my CV, I am trying the private contractors now. Anyway it is always nice to hear that a driver gets his chance so well done Bungle666 looks like you are off the mark now :slight_smile:

You’ve just got to find the right agency. I got my class 2 at the beginning of April, first few weeks I done a few odd days for an agency I’d been doing 7.5t work for, then 3 weeks ago reg’d with Reliance, and have been working ever since. First week I had 3 days at Debach, then last week, this week and ongoing, I’ve been at B&Q Home, doing home delivery. Ok, it may not be what I envisaged doing, but I’m happy, enjoy the work, and above all, it’s that all important experience.

alder:

dar1976:

Your time will come.

Maybe you need to PM Bungle666 and find out which agency took him on if you are in that area.

Bungle666:
Well, i got my first day on class 2 today, multidrop round leeds!

Thrown in at the deep end too… my truck seemed to gain an extra pair of wheels! :laughing:

Hi Bungle666,

Ahh, so you noticed the extra wheels eh? :laughing:
These were put there by the boss so that you could carry more (and heavier) deliveries and not have to keep running back to the depot so often for reloads. These bosses are a canny lot!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Bungle666:
… still, it was good fun, the customer was happy… the agency was happy… i was happy!

so a good day, and even better to be finally off the mark! :slight_smile:

All joking aside, you’ve now got that first all-important run out of the way and without incident, so that’s a massive step for you.

Although there’s lots of learning still to do, it does get easier as you go. :smiley:

alder:

Hi alder,

I’m sorry to hear that mate, but as has already been mentioned… your time will come.

There’s no easy way to this, but it’s just a case of keeping on registering and dropping off your CV (+ some friendly pestering) to get what you want. If you keep at it, the law of averages says that you will catch a break at some point.

Thanks guys I intend to plug away until I get a start. Bungle666 do you have a beard? I was working up at Harewood house today (new maintenance contract I landed :smiley: ) on my way here this morning passed a “longs of Leeds” possibly the one in the photo. Just wondered if it was you? I was turning right in my 4x4 at pool roundabout and the Lorry was doing a left so I clocked the driver and he had black hair and beard?

dieseldave:
Ahh, so you noticed the extra wheels eh? :laughing:
These were put there by the boss so that you could carry more (and heavier) deliveries and not have to keep running back to the depot so often for reloads. These bosses are a canny lot!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Yea, the buggers :grimacing: :grimacing:

bloody weird though having them extra wheels, really changes the handling of the vehicle compared to a 4 wheeler!

dieseldave:
All joking aside, you’ve now got that first all-important run out of the way and without incident, so that’s a massive step for you.

Although there’s lots of learning still to do, it does get easier as you go. :smiley:

Cheers mate, Really enjoyed it!

had another day out today in a hired 7 1/2 tonner :frowning: i was delivering round the car park that is known as York! all awkward handball’s had a bit of a pants day TBH, I had to miss 2 deliveries as time just DISSAPEARED! the owner wasnt too happy, but meh! I did 9 drops and 1 collection, all awkward hand balling! so i was happy with that!

As i sit here now, reflecting on the day… I realise that I actually enjoyed it! DESPITE the problems, and the awkward boss! :laughing: first time using my digicard too, I LOVE IT! compared to the paper disks! :unamused: :grimacing:

alder:
Thanks guys I intend to plug away until I get a start. Bungle666 do you have a beard? I was working up at Harewood house today (new maintenance contract I landed :smiley: ) on my way here this morning passed a “longs of Leeds” possibly the one in the photo. Just wondered if it was you? I was turning right in my 4x4 at pool roundabout and the Lorry was doing a left so I clocked the driver and he had black hair and beard?

wasnt me mate, i was in a different company! I do have a beard though! :unamused: :unamused:

cheers

B…