first company,truck,load,destination.

if been posted b4 my apoligies. mine was d.j.bennett atherstone. in a t reg lt 35 with 2 drops one 4 a foundry in wallsend (reject casting) next drop not to faraway…british gas st fergus(well north of aberdeen) . i was only 19 felt like the king of the road still at it now uk/euro not as good as 70/80s but still giving me a half decent lifestyle.

my first company was a firm called tps distribution, drove 7.5t mercedes 814 curtain delivering 30 drops of fruit and veg around the northeast of scotland, progressed with the same firm too class 1, passed my class 1 on a monday morning at 10 am and was sent to scotch corner that night with a changeover in a b reg 290 m.a.n with a load of carrotts in a fridge van

Mine was in Augaust 1996 for A K Transport in Ashbourne, Driving a class 1 Tipping powder tanker carrying limestone granuals being pulled by a 1989 volvo FL10 with a 290 engine, I had to collect at Dowlow quarry near Buxton and deliver to United Glass in Harlow Essex.

Still at it today, Just driving 8 wheel tippers now but love the job still :smiley:

My first load were cows, but not livestock :wink:

My first job ever was for agency. I was driving GB Nationwide removal van in Edinburgh town centre, collecting the cows sculptures at the end of the Cow Parade and delivering them to Ocean Terminal…

I was on the castle, in the city chambers, in Botanic Garden (driving inside!), on few places on Princess Street and so on…

This was like throwing someone to the stormy ocean to learn him how to swim. But I managed to do that job :wink:

My first lorry driving I was paid for was few weeks before that, in Poland, driving ex-army Star 266 for my pal’s friend, who bought it on auction hoping to make camper of it, but gave up when found how much fuel it uses :slight_smile: .

1st driving job

Royal Mail, Bedford HA van, 50+ parcels around Crewe

1st class 1 job

Royal Mail, Leyland Chieftain artic, Irish mail to Holyhead

1st real driving job

Janerite Services Ltd, Iveco 190-38, 2 Massey Feguson JCB style tractors to Novara Italy

1st driving job - MK1 transit luton, hanging garment multidrop in the West Country :wink:

1st lorry - Ex Roadsweeper converted into a boxvan Ford D1311 42mph flat out! :blush:

1st artic - Daf 2300 :cry:

1st new lorry - E reg Daf 95-310, one of the first on the road :sunglasses:

First driving job was an agency job driving a 4x2 Axor with a box trailer for “Spectrum for Arcadia” in Leeds (part of T&B, then Exel, now DHL), doing a trunk and trailer swap to Milton Keynes.

Paul

My first class one trip, a Scania 112 pulling 3 axle fidge. Fridge unit broke down at Monmouth, opened front vents on trailer in an attempt to keep meat chilled. 2 drops at Middleton and Drotwich then home to Llanybydder. Incident packed day but got me hooked.

My 1st job at 18 was driving a Y reg VW LT35 luton delivering lampshades round Birmingham (6cylinder petrol one how thristy)
1st Hgv2 job was driving a Bedford TK TJA 560X on removals no power steering etc all over europe in with that truck
1st new truck was a merc 1820 S982BSF delivering pet food out of Grangemouth
Favourite new truck was a Volvo FM9 HH52TOP for Atchison Topeka
1st Artic was a Daf85 Spacecab VU02KKA on contract to a bakery ingrediants firm in Bicester
Favourite artic was BB51TOP a scania 124 420 on the same contract
Now i drive one of 4 DAF 105XF Space cabs on nights all on private plates but all 07 or 57 plates

1st driving job, ■■■■■■ van to Liverpool. Ran out of diesel. Guage was stuck on half. 1st class 1 job, a load of washing machines to Currys Yate from Merthyr in an ERF EC11 twinsplit. Baptism of fire!

First HGV job was for Allied Bakeries in Sheffield. A full load of unbranded loaves to Solway Foods in Corby in a Leyland Freighter.

First Class 1 Job was for Wincanton at Maltby, delivering frozen food to Asda at Normanton in a DAF 95-310 (H Reg, iirc!) then over to Winsford to fetch a load of pallets back to Maltby.