first class 2 job

Hi all as the post says its my first class 2 job which i have managed to get off my agency. :smiley: I was looking for any advice or suggestions on what to take with me (its only day work)and as its the first time ive used a digital tacho whats the main things i should look out for.Any help would be appreciated thanks. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Satnav,LOTS of pens :smiley: .sarnies,drinks in a “squeezy” bottle,saves faffing about with flasks.bog roll/tissues,Stanley knife with spare blades for attacking shrink wrap (if you carry pallets).Aquire spare roll of aforementioned shrinkwrap ASAP.Towel/hat/gloves for those loveley rainy days :smiley: …should do for starters…enjoy :sunglasses:

Cheers baggie for your reply mate. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

digi tacho’s are slow, give it time to do whatever it’s doing and you wont go far wrong, they’re pretty self explanatory but if you can find it (sure someone will have a link), there’s a downloadable simulator so you can have a play with the popular ones and see how to do things.

cheers darkseeker.

cheers darkseeker. :smiley:

What sort of work is it, if you know?

Curtainsider, fridge, steel etc…

its transporting timber, building materials ,kitchens bathrooms that sort of work mate. :smiley:

here is a link you can download tacho simulators.

ctolimited.com/corporatetheorytest/tacho.asp

if you’re there while it’s loaded, make sure it’s in the order it needs to come off in (so last drop on first usually) as it’s not unknown for us agency drivers to get [zb]ed about. Have a good read of the paperwork and ask if you want more info i.e. a clearer address. - barret homes, off north street isn’t always as simple as it sounds. Might be worth asking to borrow a hard hat if needed/possible as building sites can be a p.i.t.a. if you dont have one.

Switch off to other drivers beeping, waving their hands and offering all kinds of abuse - they just dont understand. Ask for a spare printer roll for the tacho (skip the spare bit) as you’re supposed to carry one and get a print out when you’re done as it’ll help you to remember your hours.

Quick (rough) guide for the tacho:

Insert your card,
it’ll ask start country (usually defaults to uk or gb cant remember) just press ok
it’ll say m.entry addition? simplest thing to do is press up or down until it says “no” or “N” and press o.k. if you ever need do do manual entries it’s easiest to wait and do it with a pen on the back of the printout - though there is a way of doing it with the unit.

Think that’s about it at the start of the day, set it at other work and go load / do your walk round etc and crack on. You change the mode (break, other work etc) by pressing 1 or a button with the three symbols next to it.

At the end of the day, press eject (usually) and it’ll ask “end country” press “o.k.” when you’re on the right one

Then it says something like “24hr yes/no” change it to yes and it’ll start printing and spit your card out.

SOME, especially the ones that look really old fashioned imho, you press the up/down buttons or o.k. before ejecting the card, with a bit of luck someone on here will say which manufacturer it is.

cheers darkseeker and mekong for the advice. :grimacing:

A sleeping bag is an essential item, you never know when you will not get home. I got caught out once so bed pack goes with me every day I drive.