First class 1 work on monday, any advice?

With my blue test cert just over a week old, my agency has sorted me out with work driving an artic starting monday. Don´t know where I´ll be going but apparently the company usually has their drivers out for a few nights. So that would be tramping, yes? Any advice for someone new to it?

I would enquire as to if its monday to friday nights out or not.
The reason i ask is you dont want to come unstuck when you run out of provisions, and on the otherhand you dont want to be lugging a load about if you dont need it.

On top of your normal driving stuff…
Washing items - soap, towels, toothpaste, toothbrush,
Clothing - think this is self explainitory
Food - Obviously breakfast stuff, snack (I.e. fruit rather than chocs). If it is tramping then you will be able to pick up provisions during the week either whilst your at a drop or whatnot so no need to take a missive milk container as if you dont drink too much of the white stuff anyway a massive tub will likely go off.
Sleeping stuff - Obviously covers things like sleeping bag, pillows, teddy bear…oh is that just me? :blush:
Entertainment - obviously there are certain magazines that have informative advertisement usually located on top shelp :laughing: . Music/books etc
Banks cards/phone charger etc

Ment to ask which company you on for?

Im sure others will be able to either remove or add to that

I always take a spare phone with a different sim card(Pay as you go) just in case I cant get a signal (this very often happens where I go) , also it has come in very handy after dropping the other phone in a bucket of water :open_mouth: hope the week goes well for you :smiley:

Hi ya Biscuits - My advice if this is your first class 1 job is to ask, ask and then ask again.

Make sure you know what is expected of you and make sure you know where you are going. Take everything as slowly as you can and stop if you are unsure of anything. It will be very stressful but equally enjoyable

Good luck i hope it all goes well :smiley:

Don’t worry about it in advance, deal with stuff as it happens and enjoy it.

Read the post 1st day at work that the pda has very kindly let me post on here might help
Jennie x