First class 1 job

Hi everyone,

Next Monday I start my first class 1 job- it’s a night trunking job, driving a drawbar lorry from west London to Leicester for a well-known company that sells furnishings and women’s clothing. It’s ongoing, which is great after thinking I’d not get any class 1 work for ages because I’ve only just passed. It’s through an agency- I went into two agencies in Colnbrook on Monday so they could copy my licence, and both had a “can do” attitude. Anyone facing this problem, approach all the agencies you know about and don’t be fobbed off.

IndigoJo:
Hi everyone,

Next Monday I start my first class 1 job- it’s a night trunking job, driving a drawbar lorry from west London to Leicester for a well-known company that sells furnishings and women’s clothing. It’s ongoing, which is great after thinking I’d not get any class 1 work for ages because I’ve only just passed. It’s through an agency- I went into two agencies in Colnbrook on Monday so they could copy my licence, and both had a “can do” attitude. Anyone facing this problem, approach all the agencies you know about and don’t be fobbed off.

How did you find you local agencies mate?

congrats on the job :slight_smile:

Well done mate. Good luck.

Well done IndigoJo, I’m pleased for you. Hope it works out okay, and the drawbar rig doesn’t throw you too much. I’ve never driven one myself but I imagine it might be a bit different to artics.

Well done and good luck. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

ORC:
Well done IndigoJo, I’m pleased for you. Hope it works out okay, and the drawbar rig doesn’t throw you too much. I’ve never driven one myself but I imagine it might be a bit different to artics.

I passed my test on a drawbar, and I’m quite confident driving them - much more so than artics.

Nice one - hope it goes well :slight_smile: