First Blowout

Had my first proper blowout yesterday, driving on M62 between J28-J29 just before the M1 interchange.

Double decker trailer, went like a bomb going off, luckily the rear tyre driver side. Managed to get onto hard shoulder, then after stopping noticed a tongue of flame, next thing, the whole back end was ablaze. Quickly dropped the trailer and got the unit out and called 999.

Very traumatic, and had to wait over 5 hours at the end of a very long shift already! Was also shaking for about 2 hours afterwards!!

You made it on to Radio 2 traffic reports along with a load of chicken carcasses thrown across the nearside lane

Grumpy Dad:
You made it on to Radio 2 traffic reports along with a load of chicken carcasses thrown across the nearside lane

Haha not me, mine was 1am this morning! I caused very little disruption, the chicken guy has caused mayhem!

Swordsy:
Had my first proper blowout yesterday, driving on M62 between J28-J29 just before the M1 interchange.

Double decker trailer, went like a bomb going off, luckily the rear tyre driver side. Managed to get onto hard shoulder, then after stopping noticed a tongue of flame, next thing, the whole back end was ablaze. Quickly dropped the trailer and got the unit out and called 999.

Very traumatic, and had to wait over 5 hours at the end of a very long shift already! Was also shaking for about 2 hours afterwards!!

Glad to hear you’re ok, I thought you did well to drop the trailer.

Does this mean the price of biscuits is going to rise?

was you the stobarts trailer?
I went past one on m62 yesterday more towards the m606 junction.
although he wasn’t on fire
I went to hull then to York then back past him again about 4 hours later still parked up there

Misread that, I thought it said “First Blowj…” well you get the picture
“This could be interesting” I thought
Then I realised it was a thread about tyres

I thought that was you Swordsey when I drove passed at 0430, trailer looked a bit of a mess in daylight when I came back the other way about 1100