First Assessment Since Passing C+E

Got an assessment / drive tomorrow since passing my C+E 3 weeks ago! :open_mouth:

Never did one when I passed my C class (or ever come to think of it…), so what should I expect…?

Goldfinger:
Got an assessment / drive tomorrow since passing my C+E 3 weeks ago! :open_mouth:

Never did one when I passed my C class (or ever come to think of it…), so what should I expect…?

Probably a drive for about half an hour on the road, nothing to catch you out, might throw in a tight junction if they know of one close by. They would rather see you drive like your on test and everything done by the book than someone who is cocky because he’s just passed. Probably when back at the yard they will ask you to reverse into the space. Nothing wrong with gettting out and looking. They would rather this than see you hit something. I assume they already know but if not make them aware you’ve just passed. Oh and they will be as interested as seeing you do daily checks before leaving the yard as they will be how you drive. So don’t rush that. Check everything you can think of. Don’t rush coupling either, make sure you get out check it all as you would on test.

I regularly conduct C&E driving assessments for new and agency recruits and can give you these tips. Be honest about your lack of experience, try your best to relax ( almost impossible I know) the world won’t end if you don’t nail it this time! don’t be afraid to take a shunt or even two on your reverse ( I would much rather this than a driver blindly hitting something). Most companies are looking for a smooth safe steady drive. So, use lots of forward planning be sympathetic to the vehicle and if you’re not familiar with the type of vehicle you are about to drive - ask. Swot up on coupling and un coupling procedures you may be asked. Give it your best shot and remember there is a job out there waiting for you.

Thanks for the info people… :slight_smile:

Been told there could be around 15 tacho questions now… :open_mouth: