first aid kits

does anyone actually carry a HSE spec 1st aid kit in the cab, either provided by them of the company?

other than the provision of a few sticking plasters for cuts & scrapes, I was wondering what the legal requirements are regarding the provision of 1st aid kits in the cab. As a truck is a place of work. I know they are a requirement in the work place, but have only ever seen them stuck on office/factory walls. But should a kit be provided in a truck?

We used to carry them on the buses, but because of health and safety we wern’t allowed to use them unless we were a trained first aider :unamused:

Go figure

Semtex:
We used to carry them on the buses, but because of health and safety we wern’t allowed to use them unless we were a trained first aider :unamused:

Go figure

Technically at my place you’re not supposed to put a plaster on yourself, you need a first aider. :unamused:

If you carry dangerous goods you have to carry a suitable first aid kit - which TBH isn’t worth a crap
I used to be a Ist aid instuctor in the army as well as a team medic so i carry a more comprehensive kit but i certainly won’t be doing any operations lol
mine is just bigger and has the civvy type field dressings along with a non fluid transfer cpr kit
cheers
Steve

gm:
If you carry dangerous goods you have to carry a suitable first aid kit - which TBH isn’t worth a crap

Hi gm,
As illogical as it might seem, I can tell you that ADR makes no mention of a first-aid kit as such, but it does mention “eye rinsing liquid” amongst a list of “items of equipment for general and personal protection…”

Do you have a link or reference to a piece of legislation that says: “If you carry dangerous goods…” etc, please?

I’d agree that it’s common sense or maybe company policy to carry a first-aid kit.
However, I don’t believe that carrying a first-aid kit is actually a legal requirement, so I’d welcome something authoritative if you can point me in the right direction please. :smiley:

i have two first aid kits in my cab, both supplied by the company.

I have a basic first aid kit witch was supplied by Merc(MERC actros)

I have no formal training so could only legaly work on me !!!

peirre:
Does anyone actually carry a HSE spec 1st aid kit in the cab, either provided by them or the company?

Other than the provision of a few sticking plasters for cuts & scrapes, I was wondering what the legal requirements are regarding the provision of 1st aid kits in the cab as a truck is a place of work? I know they are a requirement in the work place but have only ever seen them stuck on office/factory walls. But should a kit be provided in a truck?

No need to thank me Pierre! :wink: :grimacing:

Semtex:

Not legally required to carry a first aid kit on buses, on coaches it is a requirement however.

leyland510:

Semtex:

Not legally required to carry a first aid kit on buses, on coaches it is a requirement however.

IIRC its down to the wording of the regulations.

Something along the lines of “not required on registered bus routes but is required on non registered, ie private hires etc”

So a service bus doing a private hire would require one, but a coach covering a breakdown on a service route wouldn’t

leyland510:

Semtex:

Well I never knew that!!!
The Volvo/Plaxton coach I had yesterday had it stashed in an area in the middle of the dashboard where it could be got at easily by anyone :wink:
Why do they put the fire extinguishers in coaches in a stupid less easy to get to place ie behind the drivers seat?

44 Tonne Ton:

He probably won’t thank you mate, because he doesn’t spell his name that way. :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

dieseldave:

44 Tonne Ton:

He probably won’t thank you mate, because he doesn’t spell his name that way. :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

I know! He can’t even get his own name right! :laughing:

44 Tonne Ton:

dieseldave:

Cheers Dave

It`s “i” before “e” except after “c” when using the “English” spelling in “England”
but since when has Peirre/Pierre been an English name :unamused: :unamused:

44 Tonne Ton:
I know! He can’t even get his own name right! :laughing:

Pot, Kettle, black … is that the imperial 44 Ton, or metric 44 Tonne?

Quick, get the spelling police … :unamused: