First Agency Job tomorrow

As above but I’d just use poa, or leave it on other work if you have plenty of time to get back etc without needing another break.

It’s going to take around 3 hours to get back which is what I have roughly got left. If not I’ll have to take another 45 minutes wont I then I have 10 to get back which should be fine. Max 10 hours driving.

Yes you’ll need another 45 if you do another 4.5 hours driving

Godzilla41:
It’s going to take around 3 hours to get back which is what I have roughly got left. If not I’ll have to take another 45 minutes wont I then I have 10 to get back which should be fine. Max 10 hours driving.

If you think you’re going to possibly need another 45 to use up the rest of your drive time, I’d have POSSIBLY have used break (as you could have got in a 15 now, so you’d only have to take a 30 later) I say possibly as it depends if you’re looking to hang out the hours or not! :wink:

Some firms want you to use POA, as they pay you on what your Tacho card says, and might deduct all break! :imp:

384 mile round trip. It was first job with a agency and a great experience but I did need my 10 hours limit. With other work/POA waiting around it was a long day but enjoyable. A certain eye opener with those narrow lanes on the A1 and the heavy rain. :slight_smile:
I cut it fine with the 45 minute breaks though, I should have left more time but I thought I’d make the services. First 45 it went over by 1 minute before I stopped and the second 45 was bang on. Is there any grace or is the agency/company/DVSA going be in touch do you think?

Godzilla41:
384 mile round trip. It was first job with a agency and a great experience but I did need my 10 hours limit. With other work/POA waiting around it was a long day but enjoyable. A certain eye opener with those narrow lanes on the A1 and the heavy rain. :slight_smile:
I cut it fine with the 45 minute breaks though, I should have left more time but I thought I’d make the services. First 45 it went over by 1 minute before I stopped and the second 45 was bang on. Is there any grace or is the agency/company/DVSA going be in touch do you think?

:open_mouth:

They won’t be in touch pal, as they will only know about your 1 minute infringement if they examine your card or the firms records once you’ve uploaded your card to them. But what I’m concerned about is why you had to cut it so fine■■?

Probably just pushing my luck. I thought the services were closer than they’re were. They’re about 5 miles away. In future I’ll plan better, check services on route beforehand. Is that what you guys do? Do you give yourself a buffer say 30 minutes left driving then take a break?

Godzilla41:
Probably just pushing my luck. I thought the services were closer than they’re were. They’re about 5 miles away. In future I’ll plan better, check services on route beforehand. Is that what you guys do? Do you give yourself a buffer say 30 minutes left driving then take a break?

It depends mate, and I tend to take lots of mini breaks so I can have a smoke (Instant dismissal in our trucks…)
Plus the runs I do, tends not to hit 4.5 hours. But if i’m concerned I’ll possibly go over or it will be tight, I’ll always air on the side of caution and pull up early to reset my time. (I’ve probably already put a 15 in the bank so will only need a 30 :wink: )

It did cross my mind that you possibly didn’t know that you don’t lose that driving time. And you can access any unused time by taking another 45.
So if you drive 3 hours then took a 45, then drive another 3.5 hours and took a 45, you could drive for 2.5 hours still.
(Or 3.5 hours if using a 10 hour drive time)

I think yesterday I did 7am-945pm. Didn’t exceed 10 hours driving, had my 2 45min breaks and the rest of the shift was other work and 20 minutes POA. So didn’t do 15hours but close. Thrown in the deep end but loved the experience of being my own boss. :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:

Godzilla41:

It depends mate, and I tend to take lots of mini breaks so I can have a smoke (Instant dismissal in our trucks…)
Plus the runs I do, tends not to hit 4.5 hours. But if i’m concerned I’ll possibly go over or it will be tight, I’ll always air on the side of caution and pull up early to reset my time. (I’ve probably already put a 15 in the bank so will only need a 30 :wink: )

It did cross my mind that you possibly didn’t know that you don’t lose that driving time. And you can access any unused time by taking another 45.
So if you drive 3 hours then took a 45, then drive another 3.5 hours and took a 45, you could drive for 2.5 hours still.
(Or 3.5 hours if using a 10 hour drive time)

Yeah I’ll bear this in mind next time if my trip is near on 4-4.5hrs. Thanks. I wonder if my agency will pay me for the extra time. They said it usually takes around 10 hours but I suppose everyone is different and circumstances I experienced. :slight_smile:

If your agency don’t pay you for the extra time remind them they should be… they do try to take liberties.

Yeah I think they will do. They seemed fine on the phone when I let them know. :slight_smile:

Godzilla41:
They said it usually takes around 10 hours but I suppose everyone is different and circumstances I experienced. :slight_smile:

Or they just plucked a number out of the air that seemed appropriate and probably acceptable to you! :wink:

Of course they should pay you all the hours!

:smiley: yeah probably but I’ll soon find out on Friday. Anyway I’m looking forward to my next shift now I’m up and running. :slight_smile: