first 7.5t job

charliebear:
First day was today, didn’t do any driving today but instead did some portering. May get a chance to drive tomorrow.
Question: as I didn’t drive today, do I still need to fill in a tacho? Agency don’t seem bothered, but is rather hear it from someone who knows!

If you do any driving under EU regs this week from sun midnight to sunday midnight then that warehouse work counts as other work for the regs but does not count for the RTWTD

To record that as other work then the easiest way IMO is to get an analogue chart and fill it in with your name date start & finish times then keep it for 28 days after which you can bin it

If the agency want it before 28 days then they can have a photostat of it but not the original

does that help?

ROG:

charliebear:
First day was today, didn’t do any driving today but instead did some portering. May get a chance to drive tomorrow.
Question: as I didn’t drive today, do I still need to fill in a tacho? Agency don’t seem bothered, but is rather hear it from someone who knows!

If you do any driving under EU regs this week from sun midnight to sunday midnight then that warehouse work counts as other work for the regs but does not count for the RTWTD

To record that as other work then the easiest way IMO is to get an analogue chart and fill it in with your name date start & finish times then keep it for 28 days after which you can bin it

If the agency want it before 28 days then they can have a photostat of it but not the original

does that help?

That helps. I nabbed a few blank charts so I’ll do what you suggested.

Actually did do some driving today, went from the yard at salfords, redhill, in their 7.5 tonner down to pickfords in horsham to get a load from a customers storage container. From there we headed up to the customers house in ashtead, Surrey, where we unloaded the stuff, and built the customers bed. Then we headed over to charlwood to load a shipping container full of stuff from an aviation parts company. After that, it was back to the yard, lock up and head home. Will probably head out tomorrow morning in the 7.5 tonner to unload it.