First 2 weeks! wow!

From my little 3.5t tesco van to a 44t Artic. I knew it would be a challenge… But really… I had no ****ing idea. Deep end, understatement.

Ive learnt alot in 2 weeks and I’ve probably also aged about 10 years.

Awful roads, overhanging trees, towns which aren’t designed for anything bigger than a micra, tight builders merchants, keeping on top of tachograph hours, learning how to really reverse (not like the easy Bay shunt on the test) So much to think about.

Huge respect for all you experienced drivers out there.

I’m sure it will all fall into place in time to if your going through training/tests. Get ready for a shock when you hit the road.

Good luck everyone, stay safe. The

Sound’s like you are enjoying it mate! How did you find the first time you left your braking a bit late fully loaded?

We’ve all been there lol.

We’ve all been there at some point it’s a learning curve. I’m coming up for 12 months full time of which 80% or so has been on C+E and when I go back to my early days it can be more scary now to think of the challenges that lay ahead. I’ve delivered to some real tight arse spots, done blindsides etc my approach to the job is certainly different now to what it was this time last year

It’s the “it will go round it will it will err oh crap it wont” moment lol never fun but it’s all a learning curve you never really stop.
And when you get people stop and watch you reverse,we got a drop in Plymouth if you get there late have to reverse down the side of a pub if theyare sitting outside sending the trailer just behind where they are sitting lol.