Firmin Transport

Anybody got much info on Firmin Transport in Kent!? What they generally carry, pay, unit reliability, facilities, what they are like to work for etc!■■

Many thanks, pm if you prefer if there are any of there drivers on here!!

I put my CV in to them 2 weeks ago, got a fairly prompt reply saying they weren’t currently recruiting and that they keep hold of CVs for 6 months for when they do. Everything I’ve read on here suggests they are one of the area’s better employers.

That would suggest that they are indeed are decent company then, because if they aren’t recruiting then they must be retaining drivers pretty well which would give that impression, either that or they aren’t turning over too much work!!■■

yes good firm nice people .mainly paper or plasterboard out waste paper back . They do run an in house agency may be worth trying that to get your foot in the door

Never worked for them but know a couple of people that have all said money not brilliant but decent kit easy enough work and decent people to work for

Core work includes shuttles to DS Smith paper mill, Knauf Plasterboard, and hauling Morrisons trailers. All three of those businesses are within eyeshot of the Firmin yard.

Other work includes Containers and of course other general haulage. They’ve got a plush new office there, and the staff are friendly.

…I’ll be there in about an hour myself for tonight’s shift as well… :grimacing: :sunglasses:

Winseer:
Core work includes shuttles to DS Smith paper mill, Knauf Plasterboard, and hauling Morrisons trailers. All three of those businesses are within eyeshot of the Firmin yard.

Other work includes Containers and of course other general haulage. They’ve got a plush new office there, and the staff are friendly.

…I’ll be there in about an hour myself for tonight’s shift as well… :grimacing: :sunglasses:

What’s the pay like for trampers!? N how far north do they generally go!?

they don’t normally drift to far north they only have the plasterboard for south of England not out of the northern factory . they used to work with hauliers in other areas to either sub the distance work out or do changeovers with them