Fireworks

Hi all

do I need ADR to transport a van(sprinter) of fireworks ■■?

cheers for advice :smiley:

Are they flammable?.

they go bang if you light them !!! :wink:

jc69817:
Hi all

Hi jc69817, The size/GVW of the vehicle won’t make any difference I’m afraid.

You might not need an ADR licence to carry fireworks, but in order to give you accurate info, I need to know the following please:

UN number.
(This will have the letters “UN” followed by four digits, beginning with a zero. Eg. UN 0336)

The class and division number.
(Eg. 1.3G, 1.4G to be found on the paperwork, or the orange labels on the packages.)

The Nett Explosive Quantity (NEQ) expressed in kg. (if available.)

As a general rule, you will need an ADR licence valid for UN Class 1 (explosives,) if you exceed the relevant threshold limit assigned to the Class and division number.

I’ll also need to know whether your journey is national, or international, because the threshold limits are more generous for UK work…

TIP: I’d also suggest that you check your insurance cover, because it might not cover you for carrying Class 1 stuff. :wink:

I hope this helps, but please get back to me (by PM if you prefer) cos the rules are tricky. :smiley:

Could come in handy if yr running late?. Sorry. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

not all fireworks come within scope
the consignor will tell you

Be careful with the rules concerning this… read them at arms length and with a torch!! :unamused:

** runs and hides**

Not if you tell them your name is guy and it’s coming up to your busy period.

hitch:
not all fireworks come within scope

Hi hitch, I’m afraid it’s not quite that simple mate.
Some of the Regs do apply to ALL fireworks.

hitch:
the consignor will tell you

. Again, it’s not quite that simple, because we all know that some consignors have been known to tell the odd porky just to get the job done.

For that reason, most carriers are required to appoint a qualified DGSA to give advice in the carrier’s interest, rather than the consignor’s interest. If the consignor’s and carrier’s DGSAs are in agreement with each other, then the job’s a good 'un.:grimacing:

jc69817:
Hi all

If you get caught, Then you’ll probably need adr.
If you don’t get caught, Then you won’t need adr.

limeyphil:
If you get caught, Then you’ll probably need adr.

That’s maybe true limeyphil, but there are some perfectly legal exemptions that can be used.

limeyphil:
If you don’t get caught, Then you won’t need adr.

:laughing: :laughing: Spot-on mate. :grimacing: