firefox

Has anyone found a way of making the ‘new tab’ option available as a button on the toolbar??

Also setting Google.co.uk as the default search engine??

…and i’ve just found the Firefox spell checker;

http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/installenabled#header

marcustandy:

SpellBound - Installation

just downloaded it …but wher’d it go I cant find it :open_mouth:

north surrey haulage:

marcustandy:

… errrrrr :blush: :blush: me neither so I put it on that ever-increasing list of ‘Things To Do’ !! :blush:

marcustandy:
Has anyone found a way of making the ‘new tab’ option available as a button on the toolbar??

Also setting Google.co.uk as the default search engine??

For the “New Tab” option, right click in the top toolbar and a dropdown menu should appear. The bottom option is Customise. Left click that and you should get a window appear. One of the options is a “new tab” button.

I am not too sure how to get it to do a Google search. On the righthand end of the address bar I have a search window. It has a G in a box with a small arrowhead pointing down. Left click on the G and I get a small drop down menu of search engine options. I have Google and Yahoo in there with a couple of others. Trouble is, I can type something in the search box, but I can’t get it to search. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Simon:
For the “New Tab” option, right click in the top toolbar and a dropdown menu should appear. The bottom option is Customise. Left click that and you should get a window appear. One of the options is a “new tab” button.

Simon, you’re a genious (or I was being thick??!!). I’ve now got my ‘new tab’ button on the toolbar.

Simon:
but I can’t get it to search.

Just hit the ‘enter’ key.

Simon:
On the righthand end of the address bar I have a search window. It has a G in a box with a small arrowhead pointing down. Left click on the G and I get a small drop down menu of search engine options. I have Google and Yahoo in there with a couple of others.

I’ve managed to add Google.co.uk to that drop down menu but can’t set it as the default search engine. I guess i’m being a bit lazy for sake of 2 less clicks!!

north surrey haulage:

marcustandy:

NSH, follow Simons instructions as above (how to add a button to the toolbar) and, lo & behold, there waiting to be moved to the toolbar is the spellchecker!! :sunglasses:

I’m getting some error warning from the spellchecker and it doesn’t seem to be doing anything, even though it opens. :cry: :cry: :cry:

waheyy I’ve done it :laughing: :laughing:

All it takes is for one of us to read the instructions properly :wink: :laughing:

And spell checker working ok (at least for now)

I’ve even added the print button to my toolbar now …does this mean I’m becoming computer literate ?

Where can I go to get a avatar I’ve seen some gooduns on here.
I’ve tried some of my pictures I’ve got stored nut all the files are too big

NSH,

The ‘cheeky’ way of getting an avatar is to look through various (other!!) forums and when you see one you like, right-click on it and look at it’s properties. This will usually tell you where it came from or the URL; just go there and have a look.

Alternatively, just right-click and ‘save as’ and then upload it that way. There are sites out there that just do avatars - a search in Google should sort you out there.

If it is a specific picture (i.e. yourself portrait) then you need to have a photo editing type of program that will save the picture in a small enough file. I know in Photoshop 7 there is an option to ‘save for web’ and you can then also choose to save with the lowest settings.

Ta mate I shall go a hunting :laughing:

So NSH, is that the result of your avatar search?

I’m thinking it is supposed to be a TV but it needs tuning in!! :laughing:

It’s what happens every time I try to think …I just get interference :laughing:

Very apt :wink: