Fire risk??

I heard this morning off one of the other drivers that in the Daf lf 45 cabs (the ones with the fold up bunks) it is now illegal to have a night out in there because it’s a fire risk and you can’t out quickly enough!!! I was just wondering if anybody knows this to be true?? As it’s the cab that I’ve been driving around in for years and have always asked for a permanent bunk (one that’s down all the time) so if this is true I would be indeed very pleased :slight_smile:) thanks guys
Apparently it counts on cabs with the upstairs roof box types I’m not sure of the correct name for them?? You know the ones you climb up a little ladder to get to them

That’ll be most removals firms stuffed then…

You’re getting your leg pulled.What about the drivers who strap the doors together to stop people breaking in,of course it’s not illegal.Why would there be any greater risk with a fold down bunk ?

Just like the one, It’s illegal to have a night out if you can’t stand up in the cab, why have sleeper cab rigids? You can’t reduce rest in the yard, do all Tesco drivers park up on 13 hrs and wait for a lift back to the yard? And the good old chestnut you can’t reduce rest twice on the bounce. These rumours are brought to you by those drivers you see getting half an rdc shut down by a copper with his chalk. You know them, they’ve got mates at the ministry. And the copper comes back to check 11 hrs later, he must be on reduced rest then!

That’s just a variation on the Driver’s MYth that you can’t have a night out in a cab unless it is a Globetrotter/Topline/SSC type cab. The driver who told you this is a trumpet.

OVLOV JAY:
Just like the one, It’s illegal to have a night out if you can’t stand up in the cab, why have sleeper cab rigids? You can’t reduce rest in the yard, do all Tesco drivers park up on 13 hrs and wait for a lift back to the yard? And the good old chestnut you can’t reduce rest twice on the bounce. These rumours are brought to you by those drivers you see getting half an rdc shut down by a copper with his chalk. You know them, they’ve got mates at the ministry. And the copper comes back to check 11 hrs later, he must be on reduced rest then!

Or the one I heard from a Morrisons driver (day cabbed Daf Artic) “Can’t do more than 10 hours in a day cab”…yeah right.

Or the guy that was getting out reams of “union” paperwork to tell me it was illegal to do a night out without a working night heater. :unamused:

Just smile and then ignore them. :smiley: :smiley:

By the way, What happened to your mythbuster column Lucy? There’s 4 or 5 months worth for you :smiley:

I owned an ex-coloroll truck once, that was a Cargo 13 tonner day cab with 22.5" wheels and a pod on top, it was a monster thing, 13’ 4" overall height and a 30’ rigid body that used to carry lightweights, it was a pig to have a night out in because every movement of the truck was magnified 10x in the pod as it was so far off the ground, there was a kick out panel for emergency’s but it was a bloody long way to the ground, I have had easier Irish sea crossings than I had nights out in that truck.

Deathstar:
You’re getting your leg pulled.What about the drivers who strap the doors together to stop people breaking in,of course it’s not illegal.Why would there be any greater risk with a fold down bunk ?

I think it’s because both the seats are down and it is quite hard to get the door open (to be honest if my truck was on fire I’m quite confident nothing would stop me getting out of there!!! :open_mouth: )

Well thanks for the replies I see I’m stuck with my fold down bunk then :cry: :cry:
Thanks all for smashing my dream of having a permanent bunk :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :wink: I’ll take the next comment I hear like that with a pinch of salt!!

Giddy:
I’ll take the next comment I hear like that with a pinch of salt!!

I don’t think salt will do anything to help with the taste of bullcrap. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

Giddy:
I’ll take the next comment I hear like that with a pinch of salt!!

I don’t think salt will do anything to help with the taste of bullcrap. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

And remember…

YOU CAN’T POLISH A TURD :laughing: