Fire Fire your trucks on FIRE

The driver saw smoke couldn’t get over due to traffic tried to arrest the fire after deciding he couldn’t drop the trailer to save the load due to the severity of the fire … no-one hurt
Bristol is gonna be busy

6297739-large.jpg

6297921-large.jpg

The ■■■■■■■■■■ basin is a busy route for traffic around Bristol which now needs to be stress checked as its a flyover road. if coming into Bristol tomorrow pleas be wary that this road may have delays or closures on

bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-TR … story.html

pictures from Bristol Evening Post …

1 less merc on the road

m1cks:
1 less merc on the road

:laughing:

Fire started in the cargo? :open_mouth:

Don’t stack ammonia next to medical iodine.

According to the beeb the driver said it the truck was heading for Italy from Avonmouth. Surely he meant just the cargo, cause who would do Europe in a Axor and thought deckers were to high for over there.

dowahdiddyman:
According to the beeb the driver said it the truck was heading for Italy from Avonmouth. Surely he meant just the cargo, cause who would do Europe in a Axor and thought deckers were to high for over there.

That is exactly what I was thinking. and looking at some of the pics, I reckon he could of pulled the pin without any problems cos the cab looks untouched at the height of the blaze.

dowahdiddyman:

If you were going to Italy from Avonmouth, you wouldn’t be on that road.

lizard:
I reckon he could of pulled the pin without any problems cos the cab looks untouched at the height of the blaze.

He knew he wouldn’t get a George Cross, that’s why.

m1cks:
1 less merc on the road

And Deker :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Herongate:

dowahdiddyman:

and you wouldnt be in an Axor

chaversdad:

Herongate:

dowahdiddyman:

I can definately say that load or cargo wasnt going from avonmouth to italy :wink:

Perhaps if the firemen/search and rescue/all round good guys got a bit closer,they might have put the fire out :bulb:

shame there isn’t a lido around there…could have had a nice en masse soak and relax :laughing:

nick2008:

m1cks:
1 less merc on the road

:laughing:

Shame it’s not a Scrapia

I can understand his logic in not pulling the pin, an axor, but heard the driver had the only one left in the depot and he would have to drive it for the next 5 years :laughing:

edwardj:

chaversdad:

Herongate:

dowahdiddyman:

I can definately say that load or cargo wasnt going from avonmouth to italy :wink:

It could have been going to Yankee Candle in Avonmouth to be transferred onto a container which could have been driven the 2 miles or so to Avonmouth Docks where it could have been put onto a container boat bound for Italy. :wink:

bald bloke:

edwardj:

chaversdad:

Herongate:

dowahdiddyman:

It could have been going to Yankee Candle in Avonmouth to be transferred onto a container which could have been driven the 2 miles or so to Avonmouth Docks where it could have been put onto a container boat bound for Italy. :wink:

Nope :wink: as the load for Italy is going by road but not on that trailer it was only collected 3 hours ago :wink:

edwardj:

bald bloke:

edwardj:

chaversdad:

Herongate:

dowahdiddyman:

Nope :wink: as the load for Italy is going by road but not on that trailer it was only collected 3
hours ago :wink:

You must work there then ?

bald bloke:

edwardj:

bald bloke:

edwardj:

chaversdad:

Herongate:

dowahdiddyman:

Nope :wink: as the load for Italy is going by road but not on that trailer it was only collected 3
hours ago :wink:

You must work there then ?

Nope but one of my drivers has just collected the Italian load as normal :wink:

To be fair on trumpton the black smoke did stop not long after the first crew got there, there was 2 big explosions before they got there though. Couldn’t understand why the bridge swing was taking so long until i saw the smoke around the corner lol.