Finland

8wheels:
Careful of what you wish for, we’ll end up with one of these with a 100t/m crane and a beavertail body. Yes of course I can move your D8 for you!

Tatra FTW! :slight_smile:

Look how this baby copy with off-road conditions!

(sorry for crap music).

As for the original topic, I saw 5 axle tipper once on M74, I was going under the bridge on the junction 8 or something and I saw it up on the motorway, so I don’t know if it was UK registered or not, but I was sure that it had 5 axles…

Something I’ve wondered about for a long time, you can have a 4x2 unit with a short tandem trailer running 38t so why can’t my 8x2 with a deisgn weight of 36t run at that.

unless I am misreading the above, you say you can run at 38tons on 4 axles? (4x2unit+tandem trailer)

del949:

Something I’ve wondered about for a long time, you can have a 4x2 unit with a short tandem trailer running 38t so why can’t my 8x2 with a deisgn weight of 36t run at that.

unless I am misreading the above, you say you can run at 38tons on 4 axles? (4x2unit+tandem trailer)

Correct, you can do it with an artic, but not a rigid of the same layout.

I didn’t know that!

I thought a four axle artic was limited to 34 tonnes…

Have they changed it again? Or have I just been asleep for a few years? :smiley:

I saw this in Sodertjale Sweden, no idea about gross weights/axle weights etc. It is a beast of a motor thou.

kindle530:
I saw this in Sodertjale Sweden, no idea about gross weights/axle weights etc. It is a beast of a motor thou.

I reckon he just could make his mind up if he wanted a double drive or a tag axle :laughing:

kindle530:

There’s a firm round here running a couple of similar rigs, his aren’t double drive though. He has at least two of these:

Paul