Finland behind steering wheel

Not much trucks this time becouse I figured most of you apparently see trucks more than enough at work :smiley: Some landscape pictures from Finland and maybe one truck pic for KitKat.

Some flowers photographed at sunday evening this summer. This is nice road to drive at summer as it’s surrounded with these flowers for almost 80 km period. I took many pictures of this road but my windscreen was so dirty that camera kept focusing to it instead of flowers :smiley:

Then I saw this sign stating that there are ■■■■ err WOMANS ahead and started to regret that I didn’t pick any flowers for them :wink:

Does anyone have matches? This stump pile could easily be burst into flames with little encouraging.

That road from which above picture was taken is one of Finlands main trunk routes and in picture below is what it still looked two years ago. After that it has been relined and widened.

Along that road are quite many hills and this one is particularly nasty. I don’t know how steep this is but 1.5 km ensures that some traction is needed at winter. At summer I usually have come to this hill weighing about 33 tonnes and 420hp are strugling to keep speed at 50 km/h. Old road is still in use for accesing to peoples houses and it’s seen just in front of that Hiace.

There is also nicely lowered bridge along same road when coming closer to Tampere. 4.2 meters is maximum allowed height for trucks in Finland…

Now when winter is coming closer I think it’s appropriate to put some winter pics here. Here’s couple of shots from last february.

Here I’m near Russian border and that lake ahead me partially belongs to Russia. At summer this road is about 30 cm above fields and there are one meter deep ditches on both sides of the road. Definately doesn’t look like it.

Couple hundred kilometer further to north and I’m still only about twenty km from Russian border. Only difference is that now there are one and half meter deep ditches and snow is one meter above road level :smiley:

Then comes obligatory truck picture as this is after all Transport photos forum and I have to get some justification to post all those pictures above :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

DHL’s Renaul Premium pulling semi-trailer heading from Turku to Helsinki photographed at one sunday afternoon.

nice pics kyrbo so when does winter kick in then

Winter has tried to come for a month by now but I still wouldn’t say it’s come. Yesterday we got some snow but I’m quite sure it wont stay longer than a week. About month ago we had short cold period and little bit of snow but after that temperature has been around +5C :frowning:

Nice pics :slight_smile:

Interesting pic’s :smiley:

Good Pics :smiley:

Yes, some nice pictures there Kyrbo, and some defence I suppose for the chaos on British roads with much less snow - they are so much more congested.
The Russian lake you pictured, was that Lake Ladoga? If so, then it wasn’t always Russian, half of it used to be in Finland. Are you taught such things at school and is there any lingering resentment, or is it the general opinion better to live in the present than the past?

Salut, David.

Great pics :smiley: :smiley:
Brings back memories of when I was doing tours up there a few years ago.

Spardo, it’s not Lake Ladoga. Lake Ladoga is many times bigger than this lake and its shore is about 50 km from border into Russia. Yes, these things are taught at school and there is enough time passed from these events that there aren’t anymore many people who are openly bitter from the loss of Karelia.

I agree totally with your point about snow and congestion. Altought all these pictures are taken at quiet time of the day/year it doesn’t change the fact that your population is about 10 times more than ours (50? million against 5 million) in an area which is about 2/3 of Finland if my memory serves me correct. I also believe that lack of experience of driving on snow (or lack of faith as someone pointed out elsewhere on forums) is one big issue making things worse when combined with your congestion.