Fines With No Weight Limit?

m.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/11695789 … ng_a_fine/
How can this be enforced with no weight limit?

Road tax is paid so trucks can use all roads, not just the roads where rich folks have fear of their house price being reduced from killer monster juggernauts.
Nimbies again.
Is this the house of the actor Jeremy Irons, who sits on an action committee to ban nasty lorries thundering through their Utopianism world of washing their cars on Sundays and playing cricket with the Police Cheif Constable.

I think there is one but the picture was poorly thought out and should have been taken by the weight limit sign.
I presume part of the planning consent was that there would be a set route for HGV vehicles so they cannot use any weight limit areas.
The problem is the drivers will no doubt be the last to know the approved route, if told at all.

suttoncourtenay-pc.gov.uk/news

Dunno, but there’s the same sort of thing going on at Co-op at Andover, notices everywhere telling you which way you can and can’t access and leave the site, and threats of large fines if you go any other way, even though there are no weight restrictions on the forbidden routes.

The village has a 7.5 ton weight limit, i’m not sure where the warehouse is being built but Milton Park is next to the VIllage so i’m guessing somewhere between the 2, the back way from Abingdon & the M40 would take you through the village, its not the best road for anything big anyways.

To be fair there is no reason to drive into the village, the Warehouse will be on the main road from Milton Park and only a few mins from the A34 so anyone going through the weight limit is going to be lost anyway

Last time I went through, there was no weight limit via Culham Bridge, turn right and follow through for Drayton. There is a road with a width limit, I think that will bring you out into near Milton Park.
Several quarries near here have “planning limits.” There’s one at Gill Mill quarry at Ducklington where traffic can’t turn left out of the gates unless delivering very locally. Earthlines’ pit at Shipton Quarry has a restriction where you aren’t meant to use the A4095 to get to Bicester. Only their lorries follow it, how can NIMBYs tell someone working for them, from say me just going about my business?

More driver discrimination, it has to end

Talking of Milton Park, this is another “Weight Limit Wannabe”

There is no weight limit but if you cut through, you get a dirty look from the security guard and a complaint to the company you drive for. Sorry, my crystal ball wasn’t working that day :smiley:

Will you say i could be prosecuted for Driving a Road which is legally not restricted?

Harry Monk:
Dunno, but there’s the same sort of thing going on at Co-op at Andover, notices everywhere telling you which way you can and can’t access and leave the site, and threats of large fines if you go any other way, even though there are no weight restrictions on the forbidden routes.

I could live with weight restrictions, if the alternative route was clearly signposted. Far too often this is not the case, and in some cases it’s virtually impossible to comply.

Immigrant:
Will you say i could be prosecuted for Driving a Road which is legally not restricted?

No you can’t.

You could possibly be prosecuted for driving without due care and attention if you were to ignore an advisory “Unsuitable for HGVS” sign and got stuck, but I have not heard of it happening.

Same story at Radlett going to/from Eagle Park. Sign saying to turn left but no weight limit if you turn right and from the other end there’s an “unsuitable for HGV” blue information sign even though the road is an A road which isn’t. Funny how they conveniently managed to decide it could be used when the “HGV route” they want you to use, which is in my opinion far more unsuitable for HGVs, was closed because of road works in November.

Muckaway:
Last time I went through, there was no weight limit via Culham Bridge, turn right and follow through for Drayton. There is a road with a width limit, I think that will bring you out into near Milton Park.

The signs are just as you bear round to the right towards Drayton albeit slight obscured by foliage, that road is fine but it’s the road through the ctr of the village that’s restricted. There is no width restriction either, just signs saying so.

trubster:
Talking of Milton Park, this is another “Weight Limit Wannabe”

There is no weight limit but if you cut through, you get a dirty look from the security guard and a complaint to the company you drive for. Sorry, my crystal ball wasn’t working that day :smiley:

Like you said there is no weight limit but Asda has an agreement not to direct their trucks or suppliers through the park, not that they’d know where you were going anyways.

The sign is clear enough. There is also a 6’6" width restiction.

That is the difference between Europe and the uk, in Europe the industrial areas are mostly in one area, clearly signposted, with clear signs for truckers to understand, in the UK there is clearly NO signs, all industrial premises are here there and everywhere, unless its on an industrial park and mostly are signed, Its a nightmare delivering or even finding premises, all high streets have no numbers on their shops, and good luck to drivers who have to deliver to them only looking for names of shops.

Santa:
Google Maps

The sign is clear enough. There is also a 6’6" width restiction.

i go through the 6` 6" restriction in a wagon and drag to a site on milton road sutton courtney as it the shortest way according to planning consent

toby1234abc:
Road tax is paid so trucks can use all roads, not just the roads where rich folks have fear of their house price being reduced from killer monster juggernauts.
Nimbies again.
Is this the house of the actor Jeremy Irons, who sits on an action committee to ban nasty lorries thundering through their Utopianism world of washing their cars on Sundays and playing cricket with the Police Cheif Constable.

It’s got nothing to do with house prices, the village is hardly suitable for artics. As for Jeremy Irons, i’ve heard he complains about the trucks etc but knowing where he lives i can understand. Watlington has a very narrow high street with listed buildings over hanging the road, i’ve been through there in a 7.5 tonner and its very tight if you meet a few cars coming the other way you can be stuck for a while and as this is a back way from the M40 to the surrounding towns/villages that happens a lot. There is no reason for trucks to go that way other than the occasional farm