Fines going up

Bet when the fines go up we all slow down as won’t be long hgv drivers go straight to court and TC

I cannot see many magistrates using the proposed new upper limit fines except in extreme cases

most traffic fines will remain as FPNs with the accumulation of points being the greatest deterrent

Its only going to be the most extreme levels who get hit by the top fines. I mean, how many people do you know going a few mph have been hit with the current 2.5k maximum fine?

Wonder if sentencing and fines for real criminals will be rising as well ? :unamused: :unamused:

ROG can you not see the next thing all professional drivers going straight to court and no FPN

Hiya…my mates lad got caught on camera on the A9 in a 7.5 tonner last week. he was crusing at 60mph
as no one had told him any different.(they said can you drive that) he said yes … and away he went, flat
out. he is only 18 and willing to help.how much is that going to cost him do you think…i said £75 and 3 points
am i living in the dark ages.i suppose he would have been better getting caught by a copper and not on camera
would he. then he would get a £60 fixed penalty.■■?
John

Does your mate have c1 on his license 1st off and it’s 100

That should have read £100 and three points

drivergraham:
ROG can you not see the next thing all professional drivers going straight to court and no FPN

I thought the same thing when I heard the news on the radio this morning. Time to go slow and earn some overtime!

drivergraham:
Does your mate have c1 on his license 1st off

Thus…

3300John:
as no one had told him any different.(they said can you drive that) he said yes … and away he went, flat
out. he is only 18 and willing to help

I would guess maybe not reading that back! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Gembo:

drivergraham:
Does your mate have c1 on his license 1st off

Thus…

3300John:
out. he is only 18 and willing to help

I would guess maybe not reading that back! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Hiya it sounds like theres trouble ahead…i know he passed his car licence 18 months ago.
now as i passed all my tests 40+ years ago i don’t know what you need to pass now even to drive a
7.5 tonner. it used to be along with your car test didn’t it.i did know you have to pass another test
to pull a trailer as another pal got caught towing a jet ski…
John

Gembo wrote:

Thus…

I would guess maybe not reading that back! :open_mouth::shock:

Hiya it sounds like theres trouble ahead…i know he passed his car licence 18 months ago.
now as i passed all my tests 40+ years ago i don’t know what you need to pass now even to drive a
7.5 tonner. it used to be along with your car test didn’t it.i did know you have to pass another test
to pull a trailer as another pal got caught towing a jet ski…
John

Yes he needs to do a test c1 or c would cover him if that is the case it is serious for the o-license holder cpc and the driver and could be a thing for tc and magistrates

Someone else will be better than myself to explain the outcome but it is serious

The C1 entitlement was not awarded to anyone passing after 1996 so he would not have the entitlement. He’s very lucky it wasn’t a copper who caught him or he would have got enough points for a ban (only 6 needed in first 2 years)

m1cks:
The C1 entitlement was not awarded to anyone passing after 1996 so he would not have the entitlement. He’s very lucky it wasn’t a copper who caught him or he would have got enough points for a ban (only 6 needed in first 2 years)

Makes no difference as far as Im aware. Even if he was caught by a Gatso or a scamera van, the owner of the truck has to disclose who was driving it at the time of the offence unless some one else is willing to take the points for him which in light of recent events in the media etc I would say is very unlikely.

Gembo:

m1cks:

Makes no difference as far as Im aware. Even if he was caught by a Gatso or a scamera van, the owner of the truck has to disclose who was driving it at the time of the offence unless some one else is willing to take the points for him which in light of recent events in the media etc I would say is very unlikely.

Yes but I doubt the safety camera partnership would cross check licence details against the vehicle. as they’re only a civil service I don’t think they even have the power to do that.
A traffic cop would be much more clued up and would have the authority to check the licence at the roadside.

m1cks:

Gembo:

m1cks:

Yes but I doubt the safety camera partnership would cross check licence details against the vehicle. as they’re only a civil service I don’t think they even have the power to do that.
A traffic cop would be much more clued up and would have the authority to check the licence at the roadside.

Well I hope for his sake your right! :slight_smile:

Safety camera partnerships are operated by the police on behalf and the fines by the courts

drivergraham:
Safety camera partnerships are operated by the police on behalf and the fines by the courts

funded by the police and other agencies but not operated by the police.
sussexsaferroads.gov.uk/about-us.html

I would be interested about the outcome of this. If any to see if it is with out license there for uninsured and not in accordance with the terms of the olicence could have the book thrown at them or could just sail past and just get points or have nothing

i’d be certain the company would do it’s best to pervert the course of justice.
or drop the lad in it from a great height by telling the police he didn’t have permission to drive it.