Fined

One of our drivers was fined 90-euros recently for driving on the French autoroute during heavy snow falls.Can any-one tell me if this is the law of the land or would it have been a one-off restriction due to the amount of snow that fell in a short time?

Almost certainly a one off restriction.

Blimey, that’s a bit harsh, if he’d of crashed it maybe fair enough but I couldn’t see that happening in Scotland if there’s heavy snow or anywhere else for that matter, suppose it depends how bad it was.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

strange that the police were out and not closed the moterway if that was the case, ive found either the police close the autoroute or its blocked by lesser abled lorries other than that keep it going.

We were stopped at calais, if we were going south we had to park up where we were, So we just said “Belgium”, and off we went. Got as far as St Omer and got parked up with no fine, Then when they [zb]ed off, We carried on until being parked up again. Still no fines. That was 2010.

Thanks for the responses.Must admit,I’d never heard of such a law,just wondered if it was a recent introduction.We had another motor over there the same week-end and he was told to park up at next services,no fine.Believe he was there for 2 days.

This sounds a little dubious to me ■■

In the recent bad weather in Northern France I had several trucks & vans stuck on the A16, A1,A2, A26 and several national routes and no one received a fine of any sorts.

Highlander:
One of our drivers was fined 90-euros recently for driving on the French autoroute during heavy snow falls.Can any-one tell me if this is the law of the land or would it have been a one-off restriction due to the amount of snow that fell in a short time?

maybe its because there was a ban on anything over 7.5ton on one of the afternoons of the bad weather