Finding work for new pass class 2 North East

Evening fellas,

I passed my class 2 last week and so the job hunt begins! I have been scouring this site for agencies and full time firms in the North East of England. So far I have tried best connection and Velocity in Sunderland both of whom pretty much fobbed me off but have had better luck with Redline in Seaham and have just registered with them. I’ve applied for Ramage too. Going to give ADR Network, and Blue Arrow a try as well. I am based halfway between Newcastle and Middlesborough so I can travel to pretty much anywhere in the region. Just wondering if anyone knows of any other places I’d be wise to give a bell?

I appreciate any help or tips anyone can offer.
Cheers. :slight_smile:

At an RDC today, don’t laugh, and a poundland driver was trying to get me to apply for a job at their place apparently they are looking for more Cat C. They take new passes on so see if a depot near you? Said wage was 8.5 for first 40 then think he said 10.50 after.

To locate more prospective employers, they can be found on the Dvsa,or Vosa website under applications/decisions pages.
From owner drivers to large fleets that you may have not realised they existed.
Addresses are on the website.
Sending Cv,s and phoning firms is a waste of time, they won’t reply.
Visiting the premises is the best way in.
Maybe print some calling cards, keep it simple.
You will get knocked back many times, but never give up.
Check local papers for jobs.

dcgpx:
At an RDC today, don’t laugh, and a poundland driver was trying to get me to apply for a job at their place apparently they are looking for more Cat C. They take new passes on so see if a depot near you? Said wage was 8.5 for first 40 then think he said 10.50 after.

Thanks mate not sure if there is a depot near me, a quick google and I am none the wiser.

toby1234abc:
To locate more prospective employers, they can be found on the Dvsa,or Vosa website under applications/decisions pages.
From owner drivers to large fleets that you may have not realised they existed.
Addresses are on the website.
Sending Cv,s and phoning firms is a waste of time, they won’t reply.
Visiting the premises is the best way in.
Maybe print some calling cards, keep it simple.
You will get knocked back many times, but never give up.
Check local papers for jobs.

Thanks for the advice mate.