Finding the petrol cap

Silly question I know but just to avoid any embarrassment in case anyone is looking.could anyone tell me the first place to look on a truck for the petrol cap? :confused:

its the big fuel tank u cant miss it! usally drivers side low down near the front of the truck and the cap is on top hope that helps! :slight_smile:

ā€¦could be very expensive filling a truck up with petrol though :open_mouth: :wink:

could be very expensive in pay too. how long would you spend looking before you realise there isnt one? :laughing:

Oh sweet temptaion! :smiley:

Surely 22 days too late with this question :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

slackeye:
its the big fuel tank u cant miss it! usally drivers side low down near the front of the truck and the cap is on top hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks! They never tell you these things during training :slight_smile:

Are you talking about tankers?

JeffA:
Silly question I know but just to avoid any embarrassment in case anyone is looking.could anyone tell me the first place to look on a truck for the petrol cap? :confused:

This is going to be let loose with 40 tonnesā– ā– ?

Ok, Iā€™ll assume this is not a wind up :wink:

Jeff, you donā€™t put petrol in a truck :exclamation: you put diesel in :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

I never think to look for the fuel cap on a vehicle thatā€™s new to me, until Iā€™m about to pull in for fuel! :blush:

Andyroo:
I never think to look for the fuel cap on a vehicle thatā€™s new to me, until Iā€™m about to pull in for fuel! :blush:

Jesus, I cannot believe you said that, Andy!!!
Where else would you find a fuel cap than on top of the bloody fuel tank?? and a fuel tank on any truckā€¦even a puddle jumperā€¦ isnā€™t hard to find!!!

This has to be a wind up thread, doesnā€™t it??
I know I been away a long time so do you have a ā€˜the silliest post of the weekā€™ competition now?

TheBear:

Andyroo:

Where else would you find a fuel cap than on top of the bloody fuel tank?? and a fuel tank on any truckā€¦even a puddle jumperā€¦ isnā€™t hard to find!!!

In all fairness to andy he said ā€œany vehicle new to himā€ so that could be a car a van or a truckā€¦and ive done the same thing ā€¦pulling into forecourt hanging out of door looking behind me to see if the tank/filler flap is on my side or not

Denis F:
Ok, Iā€™ll assume this is not a wind up :wink:

Jeff, you donā€™t put petrol in a truck :exclamation: you put diesel in :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe he does have to put petrol in. His firm might run old wagons from the 1940ā€™s!

TheBear:
I know I been away a long time so do you have a ā€˜the silliest post of the weekā€™ competition now?

yes, but someone from Wales has won it so many times heā€™s kept the trophy :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:

TheBear:

yes, but someone from Wales has won it so many times heā€™s kept the trophy :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Who me?? :open_mouth: :confused:

yayā€¦wheres me prize :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley:

Denis F:

Give him a break, after all, heā€™s a full time House-Husband. Iā€™m sure that by the time the weekend comes, heā€™s mentally exhausted. Iā€™d plumb for an RDC any time rather than THAT.

Not with trucks, but I can remember a few ā€˜head scratchingā€™ moments with various vehicles. One was a minibus where I did about three circuits of the vehicle before I found the filler cap just behind the nearside ā€˜Bā€™ post.

The other was a light van, forward control type, when I wasnā€™t sure if it was petrol or diesel. I finished up with the engine cover off and using a torch checking for the presence of Injectors and the absence of spark plugs. :unamused:

:smiley:

Reef:

TheBear:

Andyroo:

In all fairness to andy he said ā€œany vehicle new to himā€ so that could be a car a van or a truckā€¦and ive done the same thing ā€¦pulling into forecourt hanging out of door looking behind me to see if the tank/filler flap is on my side or not

Thatā€™s what I meantā€¦:wink:

Also I used to drive a lot of rental vans and some have the filler cap at the front and some at the back.

normally they are behind the front axle or in front of the rear axle on either (or both) side. i hate to think how many times i have been on the last leg and heading home to the fuel pump and realised i dont know which side the tank is on. very annoying and when you guess, you are wrong :laughing: