Finding return loads

Although I have moved from artics to a Sprinter LWB van doing European hotshot work I am finding it very difficult in obtaining backloads to avoid empty running. Does anyone on here have any advice on where I can obtain these elusive return loads (bearing in mind that my max load weight is now 1.3 tonnes and not 26 tonnes). :unamused:
As an example I am loading tomorrow for a run down to Tudela, Spain tipping wednesday evening, but don’t know where or how to get backload to UK.
Any help would be much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Have you tried the freight exchanges such as :

www.loadup.co.uk
www.freight2mail.com
www.freecargo.com
www.courierexchange.co.uk

I know that Loadup allows you to see the basic details of a job without registering, you only need to register to get the contact details.

Other than that, have you tried any of the removal companies, there are probably regular bits’n’bobs coming back that don’t warrant running a vehicle out for, but if you are already there, then it’s not so bad.

If all else fails you could always load up with booze and ■■■■ on the way back… :wink:

Do you get out to germany much ? If you are ever on the east side of frankfurt drop me a line, we sometimes have stuff to come back that could go in a van. No promises, but always worth a try.

Cheers

Lee

what about AIR-FREIGHT or automotive parts , is connection freight

still going,they do or did lots of this work,

leehellcat:
Have you tried the freight exchanges such as :

www.loadup.co.uk
www.freight2mail.com
www.freecargo.com
www.courierexchange.co.uk

I know that Loadup allows you to see the basic details of a job without registering, you only need to register to get the contact details.

Lee

Do any of these load sites guarantee the customers payment?

only when they’re taking your membership fee, after that your on your own!

â– â– â– â– , booze and washing powder? :sunglasses:

renaultman:

Don’t forget the jerrycans of petrol…

Bananaman:

renaultman:

Don’t forget the jerrycans of petrol…

Of course :wink:

Bananaman & Renaultman - I honestly don’t know what you are talking about :wink: :wink: :laughing:

Try Harris Tiles in Ellesmere Port. When I used to drive a merc 308! :confused: in the 90’s My gaffer always used to get me a couple of pallets into there from south of england. But you never know they might have a small order in Spain that needs bringing up. Worth a try :slight_smile:

penfold:
Bananaman & Renaultman - I honestly don’t know what you are talking about :wink: :wink: :laughing:

Probably be the most profitable loads you’ll ever get…