Finding out diversion routes in advance

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out diversion routes in advance for planned night closures.
I’m sure when I was on nights before I found them on the highways agency website, but I’ve been on there and it shows the roads that are closed but I can’t seem to find the diversion routes on there.
Do they still do it or am I looking in the wrong places.
Any help would be appreciated

google.co.uk/maps/@40.16638 … a=!3m1!1e3

Cheers, I guess you you put start and finish destination in and it shows you the diverted route.

gazzah:
Cheers, I guess you you put start and finish destination in and it shows you the diverted route.

Google Maps doesn’t always show road closures.specially “A roads”.
I work nights and I have the same problem.

gazzah:
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out diversion routes in advance for planned night closures.
I’m sure when I was on nights before I found them on the highways agency website, but I’ve been on there and it shows the roads that are closed but I can’t seem to find the diversion routes on there.

Go here and find the roadworks.

highways.gov.uk/roads

Locate it on the map, click on the icon and then click on the popup name that comes up.

Lets take my favourite nightly nemesis the A1 Scotch Corner.

highways.gov.uk/roads/road-p … mprovement

If I click on the Journey Impact tab it shows what is closed when and lists which diversion map to use. If I go to the bottom of the page under the table listing the closures all the diversion maps are linked there.

Cheers Conor
Thanks for the info, I just couldn’t remember where to find it.
When you pulling D.Decker,I like to see where there diverting you.

Conor:

gazzah:

Go here and find the roadworks.

highways.gov.uk/roads

Locate it on the map, click on the icon and then click on the popup name that comes up.

Lets take my favourite nightly nemesis the A1 Scotch Corner.

highways.gov.uk/roads/road-p … mprovement

If I click on the Journey Impact tab it shows what is closed when and lists which diversion map to use. If I go to the bottom of the page under the table listing the closures all the diversion maps are linked there.

Not always though, I do seasonal night for my mob, last spring that stretch was generally open but a few times closed without warning, just about to go back on nights and been looking whats happening between a to b for me, new run to suit office dreamers, 4 hours when clear minimal traffic. Ha at night at mo, A1 barnsdale bar closed, Leeming Scotch corner closed, Gateshead closed new junction going in at Morpeth so another on off closure, errr scrap the 4 hour plan!