Finding first job?

SmashedCrabFace:
I got a permanent full time job within 4 weeks of passing my CE. I visited companies in person, took everything I needed - CV, licence, DQC, digi card, hi vis, boots etc and I was completely honest about my total lack of commercial driving experience. The director of the company I now work for said one of the reasons he took me on was because I was honest and upfront and that impressed him more than if I’d gone in trying to blag it with a load of lies.

If I could pass my class1 I would have some agency job as well mate.I dont see problem for class 1 .I got friend that passed class 1 in couple of weeks he started to work for agency.

I passed my class 2 in april and all agencies asking me experience which they dont ask for class 1 drivers.

I think artic is much more potencially dangerius then rigid but how they are ok for new artic drivers not rigid?

no logic…

I don’t think it’s any different for newly qualified CE drivers, you still need 2 years experience for a lot of jobs. When I passed my C test, I tried to register with a few agencies, as soon as I told them I had only just passed they couldn’t get off the phone quick enough. When I passed my CE, I tried again, and got the same response. I then visited four companies within 20 miles of where I live, one of them offered me a job driving rigids. If I was you, I would start knocking on doors. Forget the agencies and forget the phone, go and see people face to face, show them you are keen and willing. It will be harder without CE on your licence, but there is someone out there who will give you that all important chance, you’ve just got to find them, they won’t find you.