Financial impact of foreign trucks on UK infrastructure

truckyboy:
on today…Mr Brown will not reduce his taxes, he needs as much as possible to give to terrorists, asylum seekers, and any other old piece of [zb] that arrives on our shores…

Actually, I think you will find that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are what is costing Mr Brown all our tax money at the moment, followed in third place by the ID card scheme.

allikat:

fuse:
i would not let any left hand drive trucks into the country, until the driver had taken atest in this country to prove their proficency at operating a vehicle with the controls at the other side of the truck. this might cut down the deaths due to side swipeing. also a daily charge clock them in clock them out easy

Ok, so me with my British Class 1 ticket isn’t good enough to drive my (foreign plated) left ■■■■■■ on British roads? Why? And why we can’t just buy up the German MAUT system wholesale and install that… or even a brit-vignette…

Besides, if you think the eastern europeans are bad drivers… wait until you get the Turks and Russians over here in any numbers… you’ll be thankful to see Polish plates on the guy blind-siding in beside you very quickly. :smiley: :open_mouth:

The other option is to lower the ADR-free limit on diesel tanks. Currently we can Carry 1,500 liters on board without an ADR ticket. Drop it to 750 liters and they’ll need to fill up here a lot, or ship out more often.

i always thought it was 900 litres and any more you needed a adr

brit pete:
it is only been a study and therefore shows
no where, the true costs,
Secondly to reply to dafdaves
comment about payment by non uk reg
,lorries, this has
been said many many times before,
SINCE the EURO:VINGETTE
came in no british goverment
wished to be part of the EU,s
road charge system,
so please PUT the blame where it
belongs inthe hand of the local
voters who vote in sucessive
goverments who have no intrest in
ensureing that the British haulage
will survive and prosper, ensureing
jobs for many people
will be there inthe future

So who do we vote for then? i haven’t noticed a ‘UK Haulage Industry Party’. :unamused:

matt f:

allikat:
The other option is to lower the ADR-free limit on diesel tanks. Currently we can Carry 1,500 liters on board without an ADR ticket. Drop it to 750 liters and they’ll need to fill up here a lot, or ship out more often.

i always thought it was 900 litres and any more you needed a adr

All the long haul euro motors over here have 1 tank at 1,000 and 1 at 500 liters. If I fill my tanks to the brim, then the diesel stain on my jeans needs me to have an ADR. I believe the 1,500 is for vehicle tanks fitted by the manufacturer or an authorised 3rd party. Check any 4x2 european unit, and you’ll find they usually carry 1,500 liters and no ADR ticket needed for them. I’m reasonably sure that 1,500 is the absolute maximum, and that uses every stretch and loophole in the regulations.
I’m waffling, need more coffee :blush:

But I’d be more worried about the physical impact of the eastern european/turkish/russians on the roads since they’re taking all the silly loads that the Irish lads used to do before they got cracked down on.

yes 1500 liters is the EU limit
allikat adr rules only come intro force when
the container is over the set amount allowed
by ADR-HAZ rules,
this is why you find most vehicle haveing
two tanks ,1x900,1x600,
the amount OF fuel allowed will
not be changed i belive as it
has been in force now so long that
all transport companys all over the
EU will be up in arms,

The days of the belly tank
are gone unless you are operating outside of the area
where restrictions are in place place,

we did this to death and it was me who was in the firing line last time :wink: just got over the surgery for the gunshot wound in my foot. Be careful :laughing:

Diesel Dave is loading up his blunderbuss as we speak.