Finally !!!...

I feel like a true professional driver !!!

ok ive held my HGV license for nearly 20 years but…

today my Drivers Qualification Card came through the post !! :sunglasses:

whoopy ■■■■■■ doo !! :unamused:

i will just need to do a weeks work to pay for it now :confused:

You is in the club now!

Congratulations mate, your life will change now, you are now an officially recognised professionally competent driver, you can now look forward to respect in your job from both your fellow workers and the general public, better working conditions, and a wage that befits this esteemed worthwhile qualification :sunglasses:

:laughing:

With the new card,you are now allowed to do 56 mph in a 50 mph average speed check in roadworks while being two inches behind the Micra in front.
The new card means a huge pay rise to match all that knowledge learnt on the course.

Took your time had mine a year now.
Mind I work for a proper firm now so yes my pays not bad and in 3 months i’ll be entitled to full pay if on the sick :wink:

I’ve had mine since early 2011, after I did four days forklift training for the firm I used to work for, on top of one classroom day I’d already had.

I haven’t driven a forklift since and I don’t want to either.

Good,excellent and in a few months time you can start all over again to ensure in 5 years time you remain qualified.It ■■■■■.

With the card you can now get 20% off holidays and flights.
15% off Kfc and Mcdonalds.
9% off at high street shops.
Free car parking anywhere.
Free Msa parking.
Think of it as a private members only club card.

Did you get the little pamphlet showing you the secret handshake so you will know when you are in the company of others who are masters of their profession.

When my card arrived, i got sent a sticker to attach to the truck.
This allows other road users to know i am in the club and they keep a good distance away.
The sticker is seen by Police and DVSA,which means you know everything and have no reason to stop you for a check.
Dcpc is really the Quakers membership.
When stopping at the Msa, raise the left trouser leg of the fellow driver.And shake his right hand.

Don’t forget to frame the certificates for each module attended and place in your hallway for all visitors to your house to view !!!

Show them how proud you are and what you’ve achieved :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nick2008:
Took your time had mine a year now.

Took your time, had mine for four years!! :wink:

Got mine 2010 and my ADR is up for renewal in December, so that will give me 21 hours to the 2019 CPC. :open_mouth:

I know it’s a joke (that aint really funny) but just out of interest is there anybody on here (not counting the trainers) that actually DOES take this bullcrap seriously, and genuinely believe that they have achieved a worthwile qualification :neutral_face:

Funny you mention that.I have been invited to Itv studios Breakfast TV, then go on This Morning.
Later on a slot on The One Show,all this to talk about what i have learnt from the Dcpc drivers TAX.Anyone can teach the course.I learnt nothing on it,did you ?
Drivers in EE can slip a few notes to an "official"in return for a shiny new card, without taking the Dcpc.

Of course it was worth it !!..i took the card with me last night and it got me into the members only clubs where i hung out with celebrities !!..i was even asked for my autograph by Lewis Hamilton !! :stuck_out_tongue:

i did the 35 hours and apart from doing 7 hours of emergency first aid, i learnt hardly anything that affected me ( unless i wanted an O license )

so no it wasnt money well spent in my eyes :unamused:

if we are meant to know every rule out there then we should of been told that we must carry a drivers handbook with us at all times instead of spending a fortune to learn hardly anything and what you do learn you are not going to use anyway or you forget it as soon as you leave the classroom !!

Tooz:
if we are meant to know every rule out there then we should of been told that we must carry a drivers handbook with us at all times instead of spending a fortune to learn hardly anything and what you do learn you are not going to use anyway or you forget it as soon as you leave the classroom !!

The thing now is that if you are stopped, advised, or done for any pedantic offence, your first line of defence (ie “Sorry mate, I didn’t know that”) has now gone, because you are now a… fully qualified professionally competent driver, and you have the card to prove it, so they basically have you by the scrote, and their true agenda has been fulflilled,… ie on the face of things, (but not in reality), the industry has a better image of professionalism, and at the same time even more revenue is raised from it, they have got their way,everbodys happy!..except us :cry: , so pay the fine and smile.

Of course we should all know the basics like how long we can drive for and rest periods etc but a handbook would come in handy if you come to a situation you havnt had before like taking your truck onto a train/ferry and you are running out of time…

i got those sort of rules in the cpc but i cant remember them exactly apart from you have a certain amount of time to drive off the train/ferry and get to a safe place to have your daily rest or something like that :confused:

in 35 hours there is just far too much to take in and remember !!

but i can now put someone in the recovery position !! :slight_smile: ( hopefully i will never need to )

My card came last Saturday.
Amongst all the ■■■■■■■■ I had to listen to I didn’t learn much at all,
except that a lot of it was contradictory or of no use to me…
The highlight of each session was the visit to the nearby chippy.
The only difference it has made is that I now have something else to carry around.

anyway isnt our driving license not meant to be proof that we are qualified professionals ?

and if they are wanting us to act like professionals then…WHY DONT WE GET PAID LIKE ONE !! :imp:

anyway thats another story !! :stuck_out_tongue: