Finally :)

Well… after 2.5 yrs on the agency books I finally have a full-time job :smiley:

Now don’t get me wrong; the agencys I have been with have all been really good to me, kept me in regular work, but I have had enough of being the ‘agency driver’ now. So, thanks to all the lads and lasses at Best (West Brom), PDH (Stourbridge) and Best (Taunton)!

The new job is basic trunking and nothing difficult (well I am 56 :open_mouth: ) so I’m looking forward to a comfortable time that may well see me out to retirement. Been working agency for the company for 8 months as one of 25 temp drivers. As business is going well for the company they decided to take on new guys and I was lucky enough to be the only agency driver they selected, happy days :laughing:

If you’re in the south-west and see a driver in a ‘metal cow’ looking as chilled out as his reefer, give us a wave :slight_smile:

Congratulations :wink:

I know the feeling about agencies, just coming up to my magical 2years. Sick of never knowing when your next work will be, 1day a week, 2days a week or 0 days a week.
Money worries are not nice, would just like a plain and simple go here and work for 5days a week and earn a regular wage. Plus being on agency everyone including the agency treat you like [zb] :slight_smile:

Congratulations! If you’re the only one from 25 agency drivers your new boss took on, that is a huge compliment… or simply because the other 24 agency drivers were simply not as professional as you.

Again, well done mate! I hope you travel many, many miles in contented, employed bliss! :smiley: :smiley:

Harry Kyng:
a driver in a ‘metal cow’ looking as chilled out as his reefer

One of those black and white jobs?

spot on,good news and well done. :smiley:

Santa:

Harry Kyng:
a driver in a ‘metal cow’ looking as chilled out as his reefer

One of those black and white jobs?

you got it in one :slight_smile: and thanks guys! Looks like I get my ‘usual’ runs so will be ranging from Cornwall to Manchester and across to Hastings.

just go and enjoy the job, good luck and hope its all you ever wanted :wink: