Finally legal class 2

well after a long while and waiting for tests etc i have finally completed all of the class 2 requirements , i passed cpc module 2 and 4 last week and am now a fully fledged driver,
or i should say i will be when i can get working

every single agency in redditch is refusing to work with me due to lack of experience, the most common line is “we can put you in a factory and maybe something will come up”
no thanks, i dont need money i need experience

well i have sent out over 20 letters to local haulage companies. i have received a very nice knock back from one, and have just received a phone call as im writing this from another who would like me to go and have a chat.

bit of a whinging update really i wish they would stop shouting out how they are desperate for drivers when they can be so fickle in there choice of new drivers…

rant over. any suggestions from you guys welcome

just about all you can do is keep plugging away at it , we’ve all had to do it and we’ve all had the knockbacks . you’ll come good at some point i’m sure you will .

just a quick thought , sometimes in life a little white lie doe’s no harm … after all i’ve been telling the kids for years that father christmas is coming. just dont go over the top you’ll get into bother :wink:
good luck with your search …

mikey-t:
well after a long while and waiting for tests etc i have finally completed all of the class 2 requirements , i passed cpc module 2 and 4 last week and am now a fully fledged driver,
or i should say i will be when i can get working

every single agency in redditch is refusing to work with me due to lack of experience, the most common line is “we can put you in a factory and maybe something will come up”
no thanks, i dont need money i need experience

well i have sent out over 20 letters to local haulage companies. i have received a very nice knock back from one, and have just received a phone call as im writing this from another who would like me to go and have a chat.

bit of a whinging update really i wish they would stop shouting out how they are desperate for drivers when they can be so fickle in there choice of new drivers…

rant over. any suggestions from you guys welcome

I’m dreading this also, iv’e spent all my money on class 2 and class 1 training and CPC that i really hope i catch a break and someone will employ me!!! i know im going to have to work hard for it but im prepaired to do any kind of work out there!!

unfortunatelly i am starting to realise its
5% were you live
5% genuine adverts for jobs
and 90% luck mate

i have trawled all the agencies which so far has offered me loads of factory work with the possibility of driving maybe, or sorry 2 years experience due to insurance, which is a blatant cop out.

i do understand these restrictions are there for a reason, but when i know 21 year old fresh pass fodder walking into a class 1 job its slightly disheartening
i have offered to work for reduced rates, shunting, part time one off you name it i have offered, and so far the only decent response i have got is from a well written letter explaining my situation.
i wrote to a lot of companies in my area and so far have received 2 very polite letters saying sorry but we have no vacancies and one phone call asking me to go in for a chat!
i dont know the phone call may lead to something, and god i hope it does but i need to remain sceptical and not get my hopes up,

all i can say on the matter is this is what seperates us guys and gals from darwins next selection in the dole que, we are willing to work and are passionate about said field of work, this must pay off in the end,

ok chaps and chappesses ,i need a little advice
i have just received another call from the place im meant to be going to tomorow.
the lovelly lady has just asked me to go prepared for a days work, only its not quite what i was expecting.
they are a pallet distrubution network and are VERY busy at the moment, they want me to go in and shadow a manager. the issue is its not solely driving but there will be some, (any experience is good experience surely)
the key points are

i would be working the computer system, overseeing the loading of trucks
setting delivery schedules
delivering with a class2
the manager is class 1 so they are intrested in me going in for warehouse class 2 and in future training up in class 1 for managers holiday cover and secondary class 1.

does this sound like something i should do?

It would be lousy for some people; for others it would be a golden opportunity. My advice would be to give it an enthusiastic try. You’d be daft to rule something out without fully understanding what it’s about. What is there to loose?

GIve it a go and let us know how you got on.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

thankyou, the way i see it is i will be driving, maybe not all the time but i will be doing it and that has to go towards experience, plus in this current economic climate and so close to christmas i cannot justify turning down work waiting for the holy grail. i will give it a go i think

First congratulations on your passes, Peter is right go for it give it your best shot you have nothing to loose and all to gain.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Rick.

thankyou also,
just hope it all comes off and gives me a good start in my trucking career.the irony is my dream driving job is situated dirtectly opposite this company (allelys heavy haulage) one day AHH one day

I’ll add my voice to those suggesting that you go for it.

You’ve nothing to lose, and everything to gain. :smiley:

If you really don’t like it, you could always leave. To me it’s a no-brainer mate. :smiley:

We’ll be here with suggestions to help if you get stuck. :wink:

well an intresting day, sorry if it appears to be a rant

woke up too a bad start, my car doors had frozen solid, so im in the right frame of mind here

turn up to have a chat, and am told that the position they want me for is basically shadowing a warehouse manager, with occasional driving,
im not rude so i stayed the morning and had a word with the guy and it turns out they just want a manager with hgv to cover sick days of drivers, that is NO good to me, someone who needs experience, anyway i get called away to do a bit of driving, “all good” i thought, then i saw my steed, a ford connect van, oh dear god, weres the boss who i have to tell to stuff it up somewere,

anyway after a lot of running around end of the day comes, and im called up,
in there words
“i need you to be honest with me here, is this the job for you, as were busy and dont want someone whos not happy”

me

" you read my mind , and im not going to leave you in the ■■■■, but god no,"

anyway after a short convo , im thanked for my help and told becuse i have helped out they will have words,few minutes later get called down to the transport office and my situation is described and the transport manager has basically said fill in these forms, (regristration, drivers decloration, a tacho graph test etc) and are you busy from next week?

in short he wants a chat on monday but i think they will throw some work my way, i hope so anyway as they are less then 2 mins away from my front door, and a good payer

what does it sound like to you guys?