Finally, had my 1st accident (a minor one) :(

Own Account Driver:

ETS:

DickyNick:
Giving your name yes. But I would have refused the licence photo. He doesn’t need any information on there. But it’s done now.

Was it one of these yards that’s got ridiculous access for a truck and that’s why it happened or did you just make a a big misjudgment? If it’s the former then I hope they will look at the access and clear the yard a bit in future.

It was very tight - both the entrance and the space in front of the entrance; I had no problem reversing in but on the way out I had to go the other way (same way I came from) and there was a curb in front of the entrance on that side, I wanted to avoid mounting it so cut the corner a bit and was too focused on my nearside as it was almost touching the fence already…truth to be told, I feel 50/50 about the whole thing - they know their yard is crap so they should have someone seeing large trucks out; on the other hand, I as the driver am responsible for not undertaking risky maneuvers so I should’ve asked for help beforehand, but since i’m the type of person who doesn’t want to bother people I didn’t. Or perhaps I didn’t want them to know I’m a noob driver :open_mouth: which now everyone found out!

With experience comes the knowledge to drive away quicker next time.

Have very little sympathy for anywhere that has artics regularly and still park cars and leave crap everywhere across the yard

I’m the same. We load at a place where the wall has to be rebuilt every few months because it’s been knocked down again as it’s a ridiculously place to reverse an artic into. No sympathy for them and they deserve to pay for it to be rebuilt every time themselves.