Finally got myseld a job (sat nav advice)

Well after about year and and half of passing my test I have myself a job. Part my fault for not chasing companys for work and staying in my current job I have myself a driving Job. I start on the 5th of November.

Now I have myself a truckers Map but i was wondering if there is any decent tom tom on the market at the minute for HGV’s?

Cheers
Matt

Look on ebay for truck satnav, they’re on there for about 100 notes. Ive been using one for about 3 months and it has only let me down twice, once when i took a wrong turn in london, had to park up and get the map out, and another time when it brought me off the m1 a junction too early and made me do about 17 miles across country lanes to bring me out at the next junction roundabout where the industrial estate was about 4 miles from!

Garmin 650 lT

Has its moments but its great most the time, once you get some knowledge start using ur knack :slight_smile: but its great in terms of restrictions etc too…

I have a tom tom start not really had a prob also use a map & the best sat nav ever the mark one eyeball to read the road & road signs

You could get yourself a TomTom 530 or similar and a 4GB SD card, put the truck maps on their from certain websites and away you go :wink:

You can update the maps for free whenever updates come out too :slight_smile:

Lee G:
Look on ebay for truck satnav, they’re on there for about 100 notes. Ive been using one for about 3 and it’s crap either save your money and buy some good maps or spend some more to get a decent one! HTH.

bigtruck:

Lee G:
Look on ebay for truck satnav, they’re on there for about 100 notes. Ive been using one for about 3 and it’s crap either save your money and buy some good maps or spend some more to get a decent one! HTH.

What one would you recommend thats more money?

I bought myself a Snooper truckmate pro s5000 which I would NOT recommend. I use it along with my old Garmin (car) satnav as well as a Philips truckers atlas.

The snooper has more than once tried to direct me through a 7.5t limit as well on to a 18t bridge. It doesn’t do thejob I was hoping for…

The best thing you can have is common sense and a good sense of direction. Only use satnav as a guide - but hey that’s my view.

I agree a garmin sat nav and a truckers atlas, oh and a bit of common sense you’ll not go wrong.

What about one of these?

Check you can use those live services without a Webfleet subscription. I bought the 7150 Pro Truck and can’t use them. Not a big deal but would have been nice considering I spent nearly £500 on it.
Never had a problem with the truck software though.

Looks to be a good job.

Can’t go wrong with a good old fashioned A-Z :smiley: