Finally got me hgv licences

Captain Caveman 76:

yt03:

Captain Caveman 76:

yt03:
Wren kitchens was after drivers am sure they run from Goole? There’s d&p which do day work, if I like what I hear tomorrow I can always put you forward for my job :smiley:

Do you work for d&p?

No I work in bulk haulage

Phew, I can say what I think of them then! :grimacing:

Only worth considering if you’re desperate. They do take on newbies, but they seem to move on to better things after 6 months, and they’re not complimentary about the company! Pay is not much above minimum wage. Worse company than Stobrats!

Ahhhh, thing is though when your new it’s something you have to put up with to get your foot on the ladder… I’m not really sold on general haulage myself but got to take what your offered aye

yt03:
Ahhhh, thing is though when your new it’s something you have to put up with to get your foot on the ladder… I’m not really sold on general haulage myself but got to take what your offered aye

As much as I agree with you, that’s the way it is, I personally think it’s exploitative and unfair to new drivers. But thats a thread all of its own!

The work is crap be OK if you had some one to give you Hand pulling heavy cages over cobbled streets by ye sen is no fun at all picking up loads of empty cages from every were u deliver to while you still have other delivers on so not just the case of putting emptys on u have ■■■■ about all the time and trust me there not light u should be paid a lot more than u get for the work u do I get paid more than heron and I never have to touch a load so the pay isn’t good for the amount of work u have to do then when u get back to the yard the work hasn’t stopped u have to take all the emptys cages off and sort the recycled stuff out I really wunt work there for £50 a hr

Captain Caveman 76:

yt03:

As much as I agree with you, that’s the way it is, I personally think it’s exploitative and unfair to new drivers. But thats a thread all of its own!

Don’t go smashing things up, do your job well and have a good attitude. Just get a good reputation for yourself that’s all you can do. Then the better jobs won’t be hard to get (just my thought)

yt03:

Captain Caveman 76:

yt03:

Don’t go smashing things up, do your job well and have a good attitude. Just get a good reputation for yourself that’s all you can do. Then the better jobs won’t be hard to get (just my thought)

Three golden rules

1. don’t bang the truck
  2. don’t lose the load
  3. get the job done

Worked for me. I kept getting offered jobs whilst on agency placement.

Captain Caveman 76:

yt03:

Captain Caveman 76:

yt03:

Three golden rules

1. don’t bang the truck
  2. don’t lose the load
  3. get the job done

Are you still with aagency?

yt03:

Captain Caveman 76:
Three golden rules

1. don’t bang the truck
  2. don’t lose the load
  3. get the job done

No, I finally took up one companies offer. Dead man’s shoes type job. I’d have been daft to turn them down.

yt03:

Cavey lost the limp a month or 2 back, and you’re both right about reputation, as when the client asks for a specific agency driver, the agency doesn’t have much choice of who’s getting the shift/contract! :smiley: It’s not rocket science! :wink:
Also agencies don’t want problems, they want easy money, so they don’t call their bad/problem drivers first! :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:

yt03:

Cavey lost the limp a month or 2 back, and you’re both right about reputation, as when the client asks for a specific agency driver, the agency doesn’t have much choice of who’s getting the shift/contract! :smiley: It’s not rocket science! :wink:
Also agencies don’t want problems, they want easy money, so they don’t call their bad/problem drivers first! :laughing:

Spot on. We still use agency drivers, sorry, limpers and there’s a few who I’ve never seen more than once.

Captain Caveman 76:

Evil8Beezle:

yt03:

Spot on. We still use agency drivers, sorry, limpers and there’s a few who I’ve never seen more than once.

And the question is why “only once” isn’t it! :laughing:
I’ve seen turnover of agency where I’ve been in the past, and it was very clear that the firm binned that bod off when they couldn’t follow basic instruction, or did something really stupid, whichever came first! :laughing: But if you did the job, tried your best and managed to avoid spasms of stupidity, they kept you on…
Bugger knows how I lasted! :open_mouth:

I’m actually back there temporarily now! :blush: