Finally British history has been completely forgotten

Before the Sheffield United v Manchester City game at Bramhall lane today a lone bugler blew the last post, not as you would imagine being 10 days early for Rememberance.
No, this Last Post was blown for a football player that died the other day.
Nobby Stiles played football for his country he never served his country in any of the armed forces.
Whichever absolute bellend at Sheffield United who authorised this needs to learn his history!
The last post is not to remember sportsmen, it never was and never will be.

Yeah i get that. In no way denigrating Nobbys achievement or sporting prowess The Last Post always was and always will be a military thing played to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice not to be turned into a “sad tune” to provoke a reaction.

As an ex soldier I want the last post to be personal to me, not shard by the masses. Selfish perhaps, but I don’t care.

the maoster:
The Last Post always was and always will be a military thing played to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice

+1
Being a military bugle call like Sunset, both rightly used as an analogy for remembrance of casualties going back ages, is a clue.

There’s probably an agenda behind all this which will probably become clearer as time goes on.
Not a word of admonishment at its wrongful use from the PM and HM/HRH Charles.I wonder why. :confused: :open_mouth:

I agree with the o/p on this.
I ain’t ex forces, but I’ve still got a lot of respect for British servicemen killed in battle, for which this gesture and tradition should be exclusive to. :bulb:

I’ve been to the Menin Gate at Ypres (where this is done every night) , like I said I ain’t ex.forces, but even I was moved by it emotionally.

I think maybe even Nobby would be embarrassed by it, but I reckon it was a bad judgement, brought on by the fact there was no crowd,… so no minute’s silence, or minutes applause could be done.

are footballers still doing that getting down on one knee thing before games?

carryfast-yeti:

Yes, they did that bollox as well, it was at that point that I turned the tv off and went to the pub.

carryfast-yeti:

I’m getting sick of all that b/s also. :unamused:
Would love to see 1or 2 players just refuse to do it, …bur the usual threat of being branded ‘racist’ would be the deterrent for that. :unamused:

robroy:

carryfast-yeti:

I’m getting sick of all that b/s also. :unamused:
Would love to see 1or 2 players just refuse to do it, …bur the usual threat of being branded ‘racist’ would be the deterrent for that. :unamused:

Like the wearing of Alice bands I reckon that taking the knee is this years “must have” fashion accessory and so will gradually fade away.

Curious thing really this taking the knee because surely that cop taking the knee was what started this whole thing off in the first place!

Nobby Stiles was mentioned before the start of today’s Newcastle game, and they had a minutes silence for Remembrance Day…(although maybe a bit early,) with poppy badges on their shirts.

(Btw Maoster, you mention Alice Bands…it’s a while since I’ve seen you. have you ditched yours yet or what?)

robroy:
(Btw Maoster, you mention Alice Bands…it’s a while since I’ve seen you. have you ditched yours yet or what?)

I still have a large and comprehensive collection that I was actually keeping in order to present you with once you’d decided to grow your flowing locks back. Unfortunately that particular garden remains unseeded :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

robroy:
Nobby Stiles was mentioned before the start of today’s Newcastle game, and they had a minutes silence for Remembrance Day…(although maybe a bit early,) with poppy badges on their shirts.

Sunday 8th is official Remembrance Sunday but as there are no official parades I suppose they have to make on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumpy_old_trucker:

carryfast-yeti:

Yes, they did that bollox as well, it was at that point that I turned the tv off and went to the pub.

Yep all part of the same agenda.
It’s all subliminal messaging as part of that.
None of it is just coincidence.

the maoster:
Curious thing really this taking the knee because surely that cop taking the knee was what started this whole thing off in the first place!

Just like all the other previous known incidences of that discredited arrest technique going wrong.
But only this one ‘mattered’ for some reason.
Even though no one even knows the facts of the case, including motivation, until it goes for trial.
That didn’t stop those running this insidious ‘agenda’ from deliberately reaching their own conclusions and the dodgy media running with it.

British history and its armed forces who died and were maimed in our defence will never be forgotten by the backbone of the country, its genuine people.
Talking of emotion, whenever i read of the futile loss of decent lives such as the awful needless trench warfare f WW1, with decent chaps going over the top repeatedly for no gain other than to be killed horribly, i’m reduced to a wreck.

As for possibly being called racist for not agreeing with a plainly political movement, footballers and others in the public eye should adopt the same attitude as those who won’t surrender to what they don’t believe is right, currently the covid farce soon to be the climate scam once again.
When you are receiving the heaviest flak you know you are over the target, you don’t need to say anything further that can be taken out of context and thrown back at you in personal attacks, the people out there who are not sheep see for themselves.

Juddian:
British history and its armed forces who died and were maimed in our defence will never be forgotten by the backbone of the country, its genuine people.
Talking of emotion, whenever i read of the futile loss of decent lives such as the awful needless trench warfare f WW1, with decent chaps going over the top repeatedly for no gain other than to be killed horribly, i’m reduced to a wreck.

A simple line from the most devastatingly poignant ten minutes of television I’ve ever seen never fails to have me sat there with tears streaming down my face.

IMG_1542.JPG

^^^ Me too Maoster, every time, myself and the good lady are emotionally drained every time we see it, perfect telling of the futility of what those lads suffered.

Haven’t they banned the surviving old soldiers from the Remembrance Day Services, more irony when you think of what they went through.
No doubt the bloody politicians will be there taking priority displaying their utter hypocrisy for all to see, Blair again? May? Cameron? the Blond Twerp? pardon me while i throw up in a corner.

Juddian:
No doubt the bloody politicians will be there taking priority displaying their utter hypocrisy for all to see, Blair again? May? Cameron? the Blond Twerp?.

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

To put a different angle on it.
A recent youtube comment in reply to posting this.
xinhuanet.com/english/2019-0 … 925591.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=CcliWs4ZYCw
Stated simply ‘‘what’s wrong with some ruthless Communist efficiency’’.
My guess is that the comment probably originated closer to Beijing than Berlin. :open_mouth:
I was more than shocked by it and my conclusion was yes I’d be scared.But not as much as hoping to take at least one of the enemy scum out with me.
Maybe that was the difference between reluctant Brit conscripts in 1914-18 v 1944-5 Europe, Kohima and Korea.
From pacifist leanings in my early days.That simple sentence finally made me get it and removed all doubt and understand how anyone can walk into suicidal odds and over come every instinct telling them to run in the opposite direction.Over 60 and I’d be willing to sign up tomorrow for the chance to stop just one of em.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1285708.stm

kiplingsociety.co.uk/poems_beginnings.htm

That Femi Whateveryoucallhim was on Vine the other morning, making his gob go about the BBC allowing presenters to wear a poppy on screen. Total disrespect for everything it stands for. I had to turn it off before I threw something at the telly!!!
Just hope there was one or two of those old lads that stand at the Cenotaph ever November waiting for him when he stepped outside!!

Tyneside

tyneside:
That Femi Whateveryoucallhim was on Vine the other morning, making his gob go about the BBC allowing presenters to wear a poppy on screen. Total disrespect for everything it stands for. I had to turn it off before I threw something at the telly!!!
Just hope there was one or two of those old lads that stand at the Cenotaph ever November waiting for him when he stepped outside!!

Tyneside

^^^^;;;
Ain’t got a clue who you’re on about mate, but speaking as somebody who always buys a poppy this time of year,. and for all the right reasons, I do wonder when I see absolutely everybody on absolutely every tv programme wearing poppies if they have been told or made to.
If that is the case I do think it kinda devalues it a bit.
It should be up to the individual imo, the poppy it’s self is a symbol of freedom of choice, that and other type of freedom is what those heroes died for.

I do see why they are probably ‘‘made’’ to wear it,.I just don’t agree with it, that’s all.
And don’t get me started on those fancy ‘designer’ poppies, like some kind of fashion statement…it’s just wrong.

james mcclean,who hoofs a football around for Stoke City,has always refused to wear a poppy on his team shirt.i wonder if he has the balls to refuse to ‘take a knee’?