Finally a HGV sat nav cheap

busy fool:
yeah tom tom all the way for me. cheap tom tom with the bridge heights downloaded is all you need

john

You can put the truck maps on, all the bridge heights do is show you the bridges, the truck maps avoid them :slight_smile:

I’ve done a ONE, a 520 and a 730

I’ve just bought a Garmin Nuvi 265W with full EU mapping and Bluetooth for £108.00. I have to say, I’m very impressed with it. I used the borrow the wife’s Tom Tom but this Garmin is far more advanced. I use it in conjunction with a bridge heights atlas, mainly to get me to the front door of the drop (I was going to say ‘back door’ but that has certain connotations…!).

One of the features is the ‘trip log’. It paints a thin blue line of where you’ve been so that you can back track if you need to or find out where you’ve crossed your route so that you can do the route more efficiently the next time. However, the Bluetooth on it is useless if you pair it with your phone.

Bob

gogzy:

Alcpone:
Snooper S7000 Truckmate all the way, Digi tv on it aswel :slight_smile:

i got that one, its brilliant

As long as you remember to take the plastic screen cover off first :wink:

scottie0011:

gogzy:

Alcpone:
Snooper S7000 Truckmate all the way, Digi tv on it aswel :slight_smile:

i got that one, its brilliant

As long as you remember to take the plastic screen cover off first :wink:

:blush: :blush: :blush:

I see halfords have got garmins truck specific sat nav 465t for £250 reduced from £400. And I’ve found them on eBay for £225. It has very good reviews and after owning garmin sat navs for the last 5 years I think I might treat myself to one.

I have Tom Tom truck on my 720 . Works a treat and only cost me the price of a SD card .