Finally a fulltime job offer!

Well we all know how hard it can be finding work when youve only just passed your test. Ageny work is a good start for experience if you can get it, but its not my cup of tea. Its the not knowing when & where or what your gonna be doing that annoys me.

Anyway a few weeks with local agencies working the odd day here & there & finally i have a permenant job offer. Ok its not quite what i was looking for but its a great start & a very good chance to get where i want to be, driving class 1. I start monday 07.30am & to start with i’ll be driving 7.5 tonners doing about 10 drops a day. I’ll be doing that for about 2 weeks & if i get on ok they’ve promised to move me upto class 2, then hopefully onto class 1. The money aint very good to start with although its still better then what i was getting in my last job. im happy to start at the bottom & work my way up as its all great experience.

They’re also gonna send me on a level 4 aviation security course, dont know anything about that but im sure i’ll benefit from having this in the future.

I have to say im still nervous but looking foward to it at the same time. I still have so much to learn. As ive always said, passing your test doesnt make you a good driver, the learning begins when you start working.

I’ll keep you all informed on my progress. :smiley: :laughing: :astonished:

Well done on getting a job mate, keep us posted and try to get some pics if possible so us who haven’t got that all important pass certificate can drool over your trucks.

well done,and by the sound of your post the firm is
one that is willing to give people a chance also it
will give you experience and although as you say the money
is not so good ,this is how the majority of us all started unless
we where bloody lucky, all the best and yes as RookieTrucker
posted please keep us up to date how it is all going

:smiley: Great News Tyler Chuffed for ya…foot in the door & exactly the right attitude to approach the job, employers dont want blaggers…who pretend they know it all just to get the job then [zb] things up.

IF IN DOUBT ASK

You’ll soon be driving the Class 1’s mate… :sunglasses:

All the best

Drive safe
wills[/i]

Thanks for the positive comments. I’ll keep you informed on how things go & i’ll try & get some pics.

Well done TYLER,
go for it man. My C+E job came from 7.5 tonners as I got all the stuff rigids couldnt get to. worked my ■■■ off up tiny lanes etc, boss offered me a job on rigids and I refused, Told him taking my C+E and he gave me a job the same day as I passed. You gotta start somewhere 7.5, rigids etc.
Just been offered Continental and only been driving arctics for two months, unsure but at least im not looking for work no more.
Best of luck mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: